Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Telly

Reaction score
It's weird to see 1st season Fozzie who's scungie lookin and then watching the 2nd season and seeing Fozzie all fluffy!
I also notice that Gonzo's nose looks like it's made out of velvet or something.

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
It's weird to see 1st season Fozzie who's scungie lookin and then watching the 2nd season and seeing Fozzie all fluffy!
I also notice that Gonzo's nose looks like it's made out of velvet or something.
I think the first season Gonzo was made differently, probably carved from foam which was finished by 'flocking' (a process for gluing felt fibres all over something like a velvet finish).

The second one is just unfinished carved foam.

I really enjoyed re-watching these evolutions in the muppets, particularly Piggy who begins Season 2 as a simple flocked foam puppet similar to S1, and slowly gets replaced with a more defined shape of head, then better wigs and eyes, trendier clothes, and gradually becomes more glamorous.

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah. It's kinda fun watching them evolve and become the Muppet swe know today.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
One thing - there are no foreign language tracks, despite the fact that both French and Italian are included as options. I plan to get in contact with Disney DVD in Australia and see what the deal is.
I noticed that on my set I just got today. I think it's pretty pathetic myself. What's the point in having language set up options that don't exist?:rolleyes:

SIGH.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I got mine for Christmas in the UK season 2 came out later last year anyway, I have to say I love it and am very happy. Mind you I'm easily pleased.

Leanne
x

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but I got TMS season 2 today, and I have got to say the picture quality is terrific, I mean compared to my old DVD this is perfect quality. Also, did anyone realize that on the fourth disc, the Teresa Brewer episode is spelled Theresa Brewer? That is a pretty big error.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The set is really good, and after watching the episodes, they are all in good condition, and the special features are good.