Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
And I totally forgot about Jaye P Morgan. What was she famous for anyway, besides the Gong Show?
Ah, Jaye P.! Eventually fired from The Gong Show by Standards & Practices because of her wild, often unpredictable (and sometimes vulgar) behavior and language.

Actually, Jaye P. was well known long before her game show days as a singer in the 1950s. She had several hits, including "That's All I Want From You," "Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries," and "Are You Lonesome Tonight" (later, of course, a big hit for Elvis). She also had her own television series in the 1950s.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I was wondering what she was famous for! I liked her episode.

So far I've watched about 5, plus the new Muppet interviews and the Weezer feature. I really like it so far! I do kind of wish that we had the pop-up info like the last set; but it was getting kind of repetitive so I could understand why they axed it. But the new interviews were hilarious. Everything with Rizzo, Gonzo and Pepe made me laugh so hard I practically rolled off the couch. It's funny to see Rizzo and Pepe together and try to decide who is more of a rascal! It's hard. :/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have also started wondering if Disney would go as far as to attempt to get the rights to include The Tonight Show episode that Kermit hosted. I know that it's either an hour or 90 minutes, so Disney might more likely include a few clips, but that would be cool. Of course, the first two sets featured two discs with 6 episodes, a disc with 7 episodes, and the bonus features disc with 5 epsiodes. Maybe a future set could have 7 epsiodes on the first three discs and 3 episodes on disc 4 in order to allow for such a long feature.
I've seen that episode of The Tonight Show, so funny! I was amazed at how much time was given to the Muppets, other than Kermit, like Scooter and Statler and Waldorf. :wink: :boo: :sleep:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I've seen that episode of The Tonight Show, so funny! I was amazed at how much time was given to the Muppets, other than Kermit, like Scooter and Statler and Waldorf. :wink: :boo: :sleep:
Wasn't Vincent Price a guest on that episode? And didn't Uncle Deadly make an appearance as well? I've never seen anything with the Muppets on The Tonight Show, so I may be thinking of another time they were on.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Has anybody that ordered Season 2 from Amazon gotten their's yet? Mine still says preparing for shipping with expected shipping of August 20-22nd. I ordered from Amazon because it helps support MC but this is getting frustrating. Any reason they can't ship it earlier?
That's funny, because I pre-ordered the first season from Amazon before it came out, and unless memory fails, it arrived in the mail the day before it was released in the store. I bought season 2 at Target on the release date, though.

If you can't wait, you can always buy a copy at the store, start watching it, and when the Amazon order comes in, return that one to the store for a refund.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's not always clear when Amazon will deliver, I guess depending on your location etc.

Telly

Reaction score
My roommate gets mad when he doesn't know who the guest star is (like Cleo Laine). I told him how I don't watch it for the guest stars. I watch it for the Muppets. If I know who the guest star is (and if I like them), it's just an added bonus!

ChellisPal

Reaction score
I think that the Muppets, Magic and More festival (or whatever it was called) was held this weekend. Did anybody find out anything regarding the lack of morsels? Did anybody ask Dave Goelz if The Muppets on Muppets was specifically produced as a feature for this set or soemthign else?
I asked Craig Shemin about the absence of the morsels and the promos on the new set. He said that there was a different dvd producer on this set and they did some things differntly. He did say that he would love to have that stuff on there again. ALSO... Mr. Shemin did say that The Muppets on The Muppets was made around the time of Muppets Tonight and The Oddessy Channel and it is Frank Oz as Piggy, Fozzie and Animal. I know there has been some controversy on this topic this week, so that comes right from a noteworthy source at Henson

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mr. Shemin did say that The Muppets on The Muppets was made around the time of Muppets Tonight and The Oddessy Channel and it is Frank Oz as Piggy, Fozzie and Animal. I know there has been some controversy on this topic this week, so that comes right from a noteworthy source at Henson
Did he say why it hadn't been released to the public until now?