Your Thoughts: The Muppet Movie 40th Anniversary in theaters July 25 and July 30, 2019

DMHFan

Reaction score
So I came back home from seeing the movie, and I loved it.

datman24

Reaction score
I just got back from seeing The Muppet Movie at my local multiplex theater with some friends, and I just got to say, even before I walked into the theater, as I was waiting in line at the concession stand, I could already tell (even without looking at their attire) which were the ones that were planning to see The Muppet Movie. The theater had a decent number of people, and most of them were well-behaved. There was one hyperactive kid in the row in front of me who I could tell was definitely a major Muppet fan (and I wish I meant that in a good way). Although, in the row where some of my others friends were seated, some guy next to them was performing some... let's just call them "hand exercises." Other than all that, excellent film (even if I have already seen it many times).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
For some reason, I had never noticed this part before until I saw it in the theater yesterday.

They had some trivia questions before the film started, one was "how many characters did Jim Henson voice in The Muppet Movie". I actually felt stuck counting in my head how many of them spoke, I think the "correct" answer was 7 though only Kermit, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and The Swedish Chef have dialogue. Though while watching I remembered that Henson dubbed some dialogue for one of Doc Hopper's henchmen who fights Miss Piggy, and somebody on Facebook said that one of the chickens Sweetums slaps during the credits makes a sound that sounds like a Henson voice (easier to hear in the UK version). It listed what characters Henson performed, I didn't have much time to read but I noticed it listed Link, who doesn't have any dialogue (I'm guessing The newsman was listed despite basically the same deal, of course there's also a lot of Henson characters at the very end). I do wonder if maybe I misread The Muppet Show for The Muppet Movie. And of course the question was who did he voice - the performers would say they performed, not voiced.
Please tell me you remember the rest of the questions. By the time my family got to the theater for a screening tonight, Doglion had just ripped the seat next to Piggy, so I didn't get to see the questions. That's the only complaint I have. It was nice seeing the movie with audiences responding to the jokes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Please tell me you remember the rest of the questions. By the time my family got to the theater for a screening tonight, Doglion had just ripped the seat next to Piggy, so I didn't get to see the questions. That's the only complaint I have. It was nice seeing the movie with audiences responding to the jokes.
I came in when they were already showing the questions (they didn't play them on a loop; I was surprised that when they were done, they just showed advertisements for sponsored things and other Fathom events). The only other one I remember is "what role did Mel Brooks play?"

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I came in when they were already showing the questions (they didn't play them on a loop; I was surprised that when they were done, they just showed advertisements for sponsored things and other Fathom events). The only other one I remember is "what role did Mel Brooks play?"
Aw well.