Your Thoughts: Solo - A Star Wars Story *Contains Spoilers*

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that it's premiere day, here's an official thread for discussing and debating, cheering and jeering, Solo: A Star Wars Story. After you see the Disney produced film, please post your review and analysis here.

Please Note: If you haven't seen the movie yet and do not want to be spoiled, please do not read any further.

If you've seen Solo: A Star Wars Story please like this post and share your thoughts below.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I absolutely loved the film and it appears most nerds are really loving this film. I think good word of mouth will help the box office big time. The film is a western at its core and heart. It isn't the most in depth star wars movie but its a heck of a lot of rollicking fun. I don't think this is all that of a spoiler so forgive me for giving any spoilers, but Ron Howard's brother Clint has a cameo and actually has some dialogue and Warwick Davis has a cameo with dialogue. Sorry again if those are too much of a spoiler.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Guys, I absolutely LOVED this movie. I really cannot understand people who dislike it (believe me, I've looked at many reviews and a lot of people don't seem to care for it).

Everything about it was just SO great! Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo was perfect casting and really disproved my speculation that he wasn't going to be all that great. Donald Glover was, of course, amazing as well. Pretty much the whole cast was excellent. I really have no complaints.

The music was very different from what we've gotten in Star Wars movies in the past, and I really like it. You can tell they wanted to change it up a bit; in some parts they used a soloist (no pun intended, lol) and even a choir. The VFX/SFX were gorgeous, and the film really looked astounding. (But really, it's Disney so what else could you expect.)

Plot-wise, I thought it was a very strong movie and really made the Star Wars universe expand. Kira (no, not a certain Gelfling :wink:) in particular was a great character and
her turning out to be the bad guy in the end was so surprising my jaw actually dropped.

And OMG, do not even get me started on
Darth Maul's return!!! I almost shat my pants!!!

So yeah, an excellent film! Overall, I would give this a solid 9.5/10. I have zero complaints!!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Bad news. According to what I’ve been hearing, this movie is not doing well box-office wise.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just saw Solo a few days ago and thought it was great. I can't understand why the critics hate the film so much. I thought it had an amazing story, great character development, and fit perfectly within the rest of Star Wars canon (there wasn't any of that Han shot first nonsense that screwed up canon this time around). I give this Star Wars epic 9 background alien creatures out of 10: