Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So... any word on if next season finally does away with Abby's Flying School? Not that I didn't like the segment, but it was being rerun to death. This season didn't even feature a single new cartoon. I know the standard is, a year of reruns then it gets retired.

Some staffer posted here that they stopped production on them during season 42. So, there's some possibilities:

A. Keep re-runnin' em until they can make something new
B. Make something new
C. Send the episodes to a different animation company

DTF

Reaction score
So... any word on if next season finally does away with Abby's Flying School? Not that I didn't like the segment, but it was being rerun to death. This season didn't even feature a single new cartoon. I know the standard is, a year of reruns then it gets retired.
Didn't one episode this season feature her in her first job as a Fairy Godmother? I know this is a weird analogy (but, trying to compare real life to being a Fairy Godmother, what isn't? :smile: ) but that seems like it would be something of a sign she'd graduated, like she isn't just a student at it anymore but like a medical school intern. Which tells me she'd probably have graduated from Kindergarten this season. (After that las, this post needed a funny juxtaposition to boot. :smile: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly hope they just junk it and release them all to DVD. I like the segment, I really do. Just, when it becomes a 9 minute doorstop through the reruns that were rerun out of necessity to begin with, it drags the show down. If they made new episodes, I'd just see them spacing out 1 season's worth of episodes for 4 seasons and showing the same old ones anyway for padding.

I'd say it's expensive segments like that one that aren't very helpful to their fiscal situation. They're created more for international consumption than the US, so at least it gets a return there... but when they spend money to make something, they get as much mileage out of it as possible. Can't blame them, but Abby should have been an alternating segment. Daily episodes weren't a good idea.

Peace

Reaction score
Was that Ryan Dillon as Elmo, there? He does a good job.

Peace

Reaction score
Oh wow. Because Kevin's Elmo seemed slightly off in that appearance, to me at least. Something about the voice. That's why I thought it was Dillon, it was similar enough but slightly off.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Meant to post this earlier in the day, but:

SEASON 44 MP3 COLLECTION

Featuring:
  • All the songs from the street stories and Elmo the Musical segments
  • The "Park Rangers" song from "Sesame Street Explores National Parks" video series
  • "Sing" from the 2013 SW benefit gala
  • "Sesame Street Theme" from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
  • "Somebody Come and Play" from the Macy's Parade
  • Live version of "Rhymes for Mando" from the 2013 PBS Annual Meeting
  • Songs from the following resource videos: "Little Children, Big Challenges," "LCBC: Incarceration," "Words are Here, There and Everywhere"
Hope you all enjoy it!