Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode was cute, but a slight disappointment with me. I think the problem is the episode wasn't so much "Baby Bear Hates Tee Ball" as it was "Baby Bear Just Doesn't Have A Genuine Interest in Tee Ball and Would Rather Draw." I was kinda hoping for Baby Bear getting more and more frustrated trying to play the game and being really bad at it, rather than the easily distracted Baby Bear they went with. At least Cookie Monster got a nice bit in, though.

I'm glad we're getting more characters besides Elmo, Abby, and Murray in these Word of the day segments. We got some great classic Grover in today's episode.

And that's about it. The only highlights in this rerun filled episode.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was very good. I loved the 2 songs that were in it and I loved Papa Bear getting frustrated with Baby Bear for getting distracted. The new WOTD bit was funny. I loved that Grover didn't believe Albert when his shirt clearly said athlete. The MHALL did have to to do with the episode, but I would have preferred seeing a new one.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a video of yesterday's episode? I checked PBSkids.org and I still couldn't find it. Heck, I didn't even know they were playing a new one this week until recently. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Never mind. I found it on the Sesame Workshop site.

Today's episode was cute, but a slight disappointment with me. I think the problem is the episode wasn't so much "Baby Bear Hates Tee Ball" as it was "Baby Bear Just Doesn't Have A Genuine Interest in Tee Ball and Would Rather Draw."
I don't know. That might be a tad long for an episode title.

At least Cookie Monster got a nice bit in, though.
Yeah. I guess that was some double duty by David Rudman there.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Like... new episode, yeah?

I love the lack of continuity. Rosita's Abuela can't speak English in her introduction... then she speaks full English sentences... 2 episodes later.

But this episode was worth watching for Baby Bear's technophobe Grandpa. And Baby Bear talking about gaming platforms. Please tell me he has a Wii or a PlayStation... I don't see Baby Bear playing Gears of War.

Eh...

Really liked the Cookie Monster segment. Those are always great. Really kinda wish they made some shot at Life of Pi's special effects, but that was a pretty good one. It's the only time I've seen so far where Cookie wasn't the direct star of the segment.
Perhaps it's another Abuela..that looks...exactly identical.

cjd874

Reaction score
Just watched the new "classic feel" clips featuring Grover, Cookie Monster, and Oscar, and I love them! In the first one, Grover demonstrates force by pulling on a rope, but he can't get it to move. So he enlists the help of three monsters (Frazzle makes a surprise appearance!), who still can't move the rope...
In the second one, Oscar attaches a letter H cookie to a pulley and teases Cookie Monster, saying he can only use H words to get the cookie.

http://pbskids.org/sesame/videos/new-week/

http://pbskids.org/sesame/videos/cookie-monster-channel/

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a video of yesterday's episode? I checked PBSkids.org and I still couldn't find it. Heck, I didn't even know they were playing a new one this week until recently. Any help on this will be appreciated.
They'll show it again on Thursday. And on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, there'll be new episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know. That might be a tad long for an episode title.

My point is that he didn't express hate for Teeball, so much as he was easily distracted and didn't take an interest in it. I dunno... I was hoping for some wacky outbursts. preferably one funny enough for me to draw.

I still LOVE that time Telly got very angry when he was a happy scientist. At the risk of shameless self promotion, I found it very inspirational! :insatiable:

At least Murray hit the Tee instead of the teeball in his segment. I used to be that kid that did it on purpose. Heh... No wonder why I wasn't well liked.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
My point is that he didn't express hate for Teeball, so much as he was easily distracted and didn't take an interest in it. I dunno... I was hoping for some wacky outbursts. preferably one funny enough for me to draw.
Yeah. I was thinking about that. I guess 'hate' was too strong a word there, unless they were talking about Oscar, since hating things comes naturally for Grouches. But you're right they should maybe have called this "The Bear Also Draws" or something like that.

Perhaps it's another Abuela..that looks...exactly identical.
Yeah. I've made that comment a while ago. She probably has a maternal and paternal grandmother. Plus isn't one voiced by Sonia and the other voiced by Emillio?

BTW, cjd thanks for posting that link. That may help if I miss an episode.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's episode was good. I like that they're giving episodes that didn't have WOTDs a chance to have them. The highlight of today's WOTD was the use of the old Elmo puppet. The new Murray tune-in was good. I loved Murray popping in and out. The bit with Elmo and Tyler Perry was good. Mostly because it was recorded before Kevin resigned. I hope they give Sock Chaos at the Laundromat, Baby Bear's Birthday Cake, Slimey's Pet Bug, Abby's Sleepover, the Bird Games, Mine-its and Maria the Cowgirl repeats so those episodes can have WOTDs too.