Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, that's good to know. I won't watch it now so I can avoid having any spoilers revealed, but it does seem like they keep airing the same "Crummy Pictures" over and over again, so I'm glad that they're finally airing a new one. Plus the street scene is new as well, so that's something to look forward to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
With Sesame Street, they only aloow 8 segments of anything a season (even though there are at least 2 more Crummy Pictures, including a Star Wars parody that's going to be held off until next season). Frankly, I'd rather see the same Crummy Pictures over and over again than the same Super Grover 2.0's over and over and over again.

It stinks they have such a budget gap that we have so many reruns during a "new" season.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
Here is the Episode Schedule for this Week

Tuesday November 19, (Episode 4412) Gotcha!
Highlights: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait, Upside Down Abbey, and Elmo the Musical: Detective

Wednesday, November 20th- (Episode 4409)- Leela's Cell Phone Addiction
Highlights: Set Your Piggies Free, Cookies of the Carribean, and Elmo the Musical: Airplane

Thursday, November 21st-TUNE IN FOR A NEW EPISODE OF SESAME STREET called......................................................................................
THE WILD BRUNCH!!!!!!!!
Featuring: The Hungry Games, Catching Fur!

Friday, November 22nd-(Episode 4402) Don't Get Pushy-
NOTE: This episode has not aired since it aired on September 17th
Highlights: I'm The Letter T, Count Me In (remake), and Elmo the Musical: Cowboy

Coming Next Week: The Count accepts a Nobel Prize for Counting, and Elmo's World coming on a Thursday, WHAT!!!!!! Next Thursday's Episode will NOT be a New Episode. It will be a repeat from Season 40 about Baby Bear Hibernating!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I caught the cell phone episode today. Here's my thoughts: The street story was very funny. It shows that so many teens just have a huge addiction to texting. I wonder if they had to tell Fran and Caroll what texting is. I don't think they have cell phones. The WOTD bit was good. I can tell Eric was playing Felix the Fly. The bit with J.R. Martinez was one of Ryan's best performances as Elmo so far, because he showed that he can give Elmo emotion. When Elmo said "Feel the love", Ryan slipped into Phoebe the Owl's voice, but that's okay. BTW, does anyone besides me notice that Gonnigan's voice in the Schlubby episode is different than usual. He sounds more like a little kid than a teenager like he does usually.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just don't think they keep up with technology. That's all. I know Fran has a Facebook page.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new episode for Thursday November 21 is...

Episode 4414 - The Wild Brunch

Snuffy helps Alan tend to the customers at Hooper's Store, but has difficulty remembering the orders.

If you've seen "The Wild Bunch", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Didn't expect "Me Want It" to actually air on the show. It had a few changes to it compared to the online version.

But, how'd they get away with the Tiger coming *this* close to eating the monkey and Cookie contemplating eating Pita?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else thing the Tiger was an unintentional running gag? Street story, word of the day, and Me Want it video in that order?

I don't quite know what to make of that weirdly drawn cartoon about the kids waiting in line.... that one with the baboon lips that talk out of the side of his head was too funny looking for me to notice the rest of the skit.

I wonder who did the thing about the 6 Burgers. I really liked the design of the chef with the angular purple mustache. it reminds me of something, but I don't know what. Almost seemed like a Henry Seleck stop motion cartoon.

Hungry Games was funny, but I barely got any of the references. I really liked Cookie's reaction to the film and book sequels.