Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, it's from the next season. I wanna say it's a part of some sort of Jerry Nelson tribute show/special/thing.
If it isn't, I wonder why they just didn't take what they did in season 40 to heart and just have unused characters as background characters in a crowd. They did that with the Count Golf Tournament skit with Guy Smiley. That was a few seasons before season 40 to boot.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i just hope more jerry nelson characters make cameos in season 44 even if they are silent, just passing by, or a one line part!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, there actually is some new Jerry material airing with the season, which I'm assuming he recorded during pre-production before he died.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
oh yeah totally spaced it :stick_out_tongue: but still hope they got some other characters then just the count maybe like herry mr johnson or like forgetful jones

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
OK, this may sound like a really stupid question, but is that Eric or Matt performing Herry? I know that Matt has been taking over for Jerry quite a bit, but on the other hand, this man looks kind of like Eric. If anyone has an answer, let me know.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
oh thats defently eric but he may just not have any of his own characters unless he is recast as Herry

muppetlover123

Reaction score
thats what i was trying to say by saying if he had none of his characters in that scene

Drtooth

Reaction score
Holy freaking cow!

BEAKMAN WAS ON SESAME STREET!!!!

well.. not Beakman the character, Beakman the actor... but now BOTH Beakman and Bill Nye the Science Guy have been on Sesame Street! Awesome.

And the best part, Murray had amazing chemistry with him. "Hi! I'm a Compact Disk! No body loves me anymore!" Priceless. Absolutely priceless. I'm glad they didn't even bother lampshade hanging about the fact that Murray's a puppet. That seems like an old gag now, and they took the high road on it.

The street story was great. There really was a lack of Baby Bear/Telly episodes this season (or at least less than usual). Those ones are always highlights of the season. Bobby really sold the performance and gave a great Kool-Aid man reference. These art based episodes (and I hope they don't go overboard and ruin them like everything else) really manage to get the trail and error thing they have to hammer into the audience a nice subtlety.

Anyone else remember the episode of Muppet Babies where Piggy made a "sculpture" of Kermit by just covering him in a thin layer of clay? Seems like that's where baby Bear got that idea from.

How many times this season did we need to use that *&^% Abby about the Dinosaur Macaroni sculpture?

And, while I would complain about them waiting until the last darn 3 episodes to show a new Super Grover 2.0 (finally) only to show it 2 episodes later... you know, rather than not showing the same old ones two and three times before hand... it was a reminder that the segment is fresh and funny when you don't have to see the same jokes over and over.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The new street story was good. I loved Baby Bear getting inspiration by singing "Porridge Art" with heaven lights above him. The Word of the Day bit was good. The best part was Jon Hamm saying he'd get a hernia. The Peeps in the Hood bits were great. I loved Murray talking about how no one uses CDs anymore. Oscarfan, here are the old Muppet bits they showed until you get the episode file: AFFS macaroni-saurus, SG 2.O needle in a haystack, the Feijoo sisters dance the lambarena, and ETM Athlete.