Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, if they interact with each other. From the photo it looks like they might just be in the same scene, but we'll see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know it's not the point of the episode, but I'm DYING from Elmo going through withdrawal symptoms from not having a pacifier. I mean, it doesn't matter if it's an allegory for regression or for giving up smoking... I'm getting a whiff of unintentional, ironic laughter from this thing. When he gave up his "binky" for a stuffed bunny and tried to give the stuffed bunny back? I screamed (all alone mind you) "The patch doesn't WORK! The Patch doesn't work for Elmo!"

Why do I get the feeling this should be on a DVD called "Sesame Street presents Dealing with Addiction?"

I mean, I looked past the fact Leela was there and so was Chris, meaning he's still 3 1/2 when he just decided to give it up... I can even look past the giving the pacifiers away is kinda unsanitary... but the way Elmo was going through withdrawal was just priceless. Once someone posts this online, it's gonna be Youtube Poop fodder.

And... ick... reruns. Double ick... Fiest.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the street story. I just want to know: how could Leela, Chris, and Abby been there when Elmo decided to give up his binky? What's the usaual age for giving up binkys? The Murray tune-ins were cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked the street story. I just want to know: how could Leela, Chris, and Abby been there when Elmo decided to give up his binky? What's the usaual age for giving up binkys?
I'm not sure... I'd say one or two years old. Once they're able to talk, I guess.

Baby Bear seems to still be one and trying to give it up, but Elmo was around his normal age when he was getting rid of them/regressing back into the habit.

Still, with all the science stuff and "engineering" at least I can't complain about this episode not being age appropriate for the target demo.

That said, I shoulda gave up watching the episode after the celebrity word on the street. Other than the tune ins, everything was reused footage. I agree with Oscar fan... I LOVE Super Grover 2.0, don't get me wrong... but they really made a huge mistake not staggering it with the leftover Ernie and Bert segments.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked the street story. I just want to know: how could Leela, Chris, and Abby been there when Elmo decided to give up his binky? What's the usaual age for giving up binkys? The Murray tune-ins were cool.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I was sort of expecting them to show that this happened when Elmo was a baby and before they knew those people, but according the flashbacks, it seems like it happened recently.

Elmo: Elmo remembers like it was yesterday.

Lol. I guess it was.

It's interesting that Elmo understood baby talk. I guess all those years of 'asking a baby' payed off. I guess this is the first we heard Curly actually talk full sentences rather than speaking gibberish.

One more thing, did anyone notice the dollar that the 'Binky Fairy' used? Seems like they're still using the bills with Mr. Hooper's face on them like they did in that Talk, Listen, Connect special. But maybe I'm wrong. I didn't really get such a good look.

DTF

Reaction score
I liked the street story. I just want to know: how could Leela, Chris, and Abby been there when Elmo decided to give up his binky? What's the usaual age for giving up binkys?
Anecdotal here, as I never used one; then children do, 3 isn't unheard of at bedtime, but as with language maturing earlier, I've noticed younger siblings give it up faster. Elmo, being an only child, would possibly still have it for bedtime at 3.5. Now, otherwise, it would be weird if it wasn't naptime or bedtime for Elmo - and I didn't see the episode (the schedule's all confused to me, I see no rhyme or reason to how they do the new season's episodes so havne't seen any).
I think my older cousins were about 2.5 or 3 when giving it up except for at night and 3.5 at night, middle sibs maybe half a year younger, and I don't remember the youngest using one much past 2 even at night. Elmo being an only child (well, Muppet), 3 would make sense to me for daytime, but if he's supposed to be 3.5 then naptime or bedtime would be more plausible.

But, I don't know many kids who use one, period, come to tink of it.

As for understanding baby talk, this is pretty sensible, since my older cousins always interpreted what their younger siblings were saying, and I've seen it in other kids, too. I do, however, won't how easily a child can understand someone elee's baby talk.

Finally, it sounds like Elmo got a good chance to emote for a change. That was good to see.

I note that the episode with Abby & Mumford is supposed to be Dec. 1, maybe I'll make sure to watch it then.