Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4091: Snuffy's Too Big.

Highlights:
1 The street story was OK, nothing particularly spectacular. But I do symphatize with how Snuffy felt about being too big, that sometimes that which defines or identifyies you is what makes you feel down at times.
2 Classic Animation: The man who took the letter I for a trip in his car.
3 Classic Animation: The bit with the word CASA, where a normal house, doghouse and birdhouse are formed out of the word "Casa" itself.
4 Song: "Dance Away the Blues".
5 Sign Language Word of the Day, good concept just not that enthused by it due to my own blind batty eyes.
6 Song: "I'm an Original" sung by Kingston Livingston III though it was shown last season too.
7 Grouch Eye for the Nice Guy, that was a good spoof segment.
8 Trash Gordon on the Planet Nothing, styled for this episode cause 0 was the number of the day, ended like the one with the Wiggly Squiggly Worms. Since there was nothing happening on the planet, Trash Gordon decided to read his own book.
9 Song: "I've Got 0 in my Cup".

Nitpicks:
Elmo's World: Dinosaurs was a repeat, as were the bits with Cookie Monster and the letter I and the Count's organ getting blown away for him to count 0 organs.
But these aren't really nitpicks, I understand that they've gotta repeat some of these sometimes. Would like it if they brought back the Letter of the Day Game Show though, it's like that bit fell off the face of SS after the first two Season 36 episodes.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
astrotrain said:
Its good to see the Muppets interacting with the kids again like on the Classic
series. The one kid with I think Telly, looked like a dead ringer for the '16 TEEN!' kid from the 70s with Kermit.

Yes!, I about fell off my chair, when I saw The King Of 8 played a few days
ago!. That great to see the king of 8!
I did that SAME THING with the song "Eight Balls of Fur"!!!! When that came on, I screamed, "OMG This is LIVE!!!!" and I cranked it up REAL LOUD!!!!! I can't believe they used something with LITTLE CHRISSY!

Dantecat

Reaction score
The episodes have been good so far.Seems like Season 36 will be like a really good season. :smile:

BeckyDR

Reaction score
did anybody notice that the first 0 segment shown (the dancer in the circle) was the exact same one shown for the letter O a few days ago? only instead of the man getting people to say "Ooooo", there was a woman(I think Maria) saying "0 dancers" when the dancer disappeared. I just found that very interesting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let me ask...what DO you guys have against Hero Guy?

astrotrain

Reaction score
My .02 on Super Hero Guy

D'Snowth said:
Let me ask...what DO you guys have against Hero Guy?
IMHO... He is seriously annoying.

DTF

Reaction score
I don't mind him if he's on 2-3 times a season out of 26; but there's just not enough adventure stuff Baby Bear could be doing that's reall interesting for 26 whole episodes. And when they had it on every single episode it just got old fast.

It might be better if Hero Guy actually taught something like int he old days - for instance, BB and HG doing some skits with under/over, around/through, and so on, with BB trying to draw one thing and HG another, or something like that. Or, BB looking at HG and drawing something to the right of HF as BB looks at it, only to be told it's on HF's left, and then they get into a discussion of left and right. Now *that* would be like the old SS, and something that the 1-4 age range does need help with. (Actually, till I was 7 or 8 that confused me a little about how my left could be the right of someone I was facing. I distictly remember a time I was 5 or 6 and after trying to understand it when my mom was teaching me left and right, I thought I had it figured out - I figure left and right were different for girls than for boys! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4092: Sesame Street Hike.

Highlights:
1 An Ernie and Bert sketch/song about Ernie being fascinated with his toes. This must be an old one cause it was Frank's Bert voice, and even Bernice appeared at the end of the sketch. But it was new to me.
2 Classic Animation: The Bellhop Series: 8 Steamer Trunks.

Nitpicks:
Basically, this was a throw-away episode. Not that much good stuff in it.
1 The hike was short and kinda predictable given what was already posted in the Episode Guide thread by MuppetDude.
2 Letter of the Day: U was the one with the rocket ship coming back to CM.
3 Didn't even stay to watch when Destiny's Child came on to sing "I've Got a New Way to Walk". But the Monsters coming up with their own walks before that was OK.
4 Elmo's World and Trash Gordon were repeats, though that really shoudn't be a nitpick at this point.
5 They even used the bit with Susie Kabloozie going to the judges for the Number of the Day. Never liked that particular series of animated bits with her cause it's just say the number and that's it, no originality, no nothing to associate with the segment like 8 bowling balls knocking down pins or something like that.

A couple of other good things were... At the end of the hike when Luis and María left on their own, they said they might even see an elephant doing a summersault. And then, we hear the results of something like that by Fluffy summersaulting inside Oscar's can. Also liked the bit with the kids talking about how people walked, reminded me of bits from the older days.

DTF

Reaction score
Yeah, that judge holding up the number always seemed real lame to me, too. It's like when Elmo says "Let's sing the Sesame Street song" and he doesn't even sing "Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away..." I mean, just once he could have done soemthing other than singing the same word over and over.

Then again, this seems from the bits I've had time to peek at like a pretty good season, like maybe they stoped dumbing things down and actually because more intelligent, like someone said about the math.

It makes me wonder - maybe they finally got the hint from the response to Elmo singing "Ses-a-me" like that. Because I can name you half a dozen children I know right off the top of my head who as 3-year-olds would have complained enough for it to be heard all the way acros the country to Sesame Workshop that, "Ses-a-me... is NOT the Sesame street song!" Maybe a bunch of complaining little tykes finally got their attention :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Count said:
My thoughts on Episode 4092: Sesame Street Hike.

Highlights:
1 An Ernie and Bert sketch/song about Ernie being fascinated with his toes. This must be an old one cause it was Frank's Bert voice, and even Bernice appeared at the end of the sketch. But it was new to me.
2 Classic Animation: The Bellhop Series: 8 Steamer Trunks.

Nitpicks:
Basically, this was a throw-away episode. Not that much good stuff in it.
1 The hike was short and kinda predictable given what was already posted in the Episode Guide thread by MuppetDude.
2 Letter of the Day: U was the one with the rocket ship coming back to CM.
3 Didn't even stay to watch when Destiny's Child came on to sing "I've Got a New Way to Walk". But the Monsters coming up with their own walks before that was OK.
4 Elmo's World and Trash Gordon were repeats, though that really shoudn't be a nitpick at this point.
5 They even used the bit with Susie Kabloozie going to the judges for the Number of the Day. Never liked that particular series of animated bits with her cause it's just say the number and that's it, no originality, no nothing to associate with the segment like 8 bowling balls knocking down pins or something like that.

A couple of other good things were... At the end of the hike when Luis and María left on their own, they said they might even see an elephant doing a summersault. And then, we hear the results of something like that by Fluffy summersaulting inside Oscar's can. Also liked the bit with the kids talking about how people walked, reminded me of bits from the older days.
hated this episode. it would of been nicer if they would of really gotten far. but both Big Bird ans Snuffy had to make an ordeal of stuff stuff. matter of fact i turned it away when the began their hike though returned a few times durring the segment.