Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on "Cake Boss"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forgot about it until it was already too late! PHOOEY!
It's repeating tonight at 8:00 (EST), so if you're not busy then, you should be able to catch it again.

My favorite line through out the whole show was "ITS SESAME STREET! SESAME STREET MAKES YOU HAPPY! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPY, BUT I'M NOT! I'M FRIGGIN' FRUSTRATED!"

I also liked his little bit with Cookie Monster at the beginning, because to be with your favorite Muppet from your favorite street has to be a golden moment in your life; I remember reading the memoir of one guy who was on the set one day in the mid 90s, rambling on to Frank Oz and blurting out "Can I have a picture taken with Grover?", feeling totally embarrassed afterwards, but Frank obliged.

That was a pretty awesome cake I have to say, I'd kind of hate to have to eat personally, but cakes don't last forever... unless it was that 18th century piece of cake Elaine at that J. Peterman won at an auction.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Buddy does some pretty amazing cakes... though I thought Elmo looked kinda funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Buddy does some pretty amazing cakes... though I thought Elmo looked kinda funny.
Yyyyyyyyyyyyeh... like his head was a little too round, and his eyes were slightly small...

But oh well. Lol, I also like how Buddy INSISTED on doing Cookie himself since Cookie was his favorite.

I also forgot to mention I LOVED how dumbfounded Cookie looked when they presented that HUGE cookie to him.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And then there was giant Bert on the cake. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't remember much of Bert, but I remember how they handed Ernie to Ernie, and how much he liked that, lol.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm watching it right now, they just went to commerical with one for that disgusting show Toddlers and Tiaras, :sympathy:. I'm enjoying it so far though, I love how much this boss guy loves Cookie Monster, godda love that.

The cake looks amazing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great cake! :insatiable:

This makes me really want to see some professional grade Sesame figures and playsets. Hope that happens sometime with the Hasbro deal.

Cookie's reaction is priceless!

dwmckim

Reaction score
The Elmo kind of reminded me of when Kevin pulls back on his eyes to make him look like he's rolling them.

And of course what with the baker being so insistent on its gargantuan size, i wonder how long it took to go through the leftovers...