Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 1 CD Set

Which album in Old School Volume 1 is your favorite?

• "The Original Cast Recording" (1970)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • "Big Bird Sings" (1974)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Bert & Ernie Sing Along" (1975)

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The long wait is almost over. This Tuesday E1 Music will be releasing three of the best Sesame Street records in their Old School CD set.

It’s vital that fans purchase this 1970’s Sesame Street CD set to show E1 Music that there is a market for classic Sesame Street music. Hopefully, they'll be many more classic CD sets to come.

If you order the Old School CD box set from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on this collector’s CD set. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

After you receive your Old School Volume 1 CD set, post your thoughts and let us know what you think about the latest Sesame release.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Well, I'm a conflicted Cherry Pizza.

I do love the idea of the retro days of Sesame music being made available today. But on the other hand, if you want retro, nothing beats the charm of holding the vinyl or its large, picturesque cover.

Then again, I'm one of those crazy types who hears a CD of something he used to own on record, and feeling as though something is missing if the accompanying fuzzy noise isn't there and the music doesn't skip in the places I was so used to it doing so.

Still, if you don't own these three albums in their LP form, I say buy it. Bert and Ernie Sing-Along is quite possibly the greatest example of the Street's ensemble feeling in its pre-Elmo days.

rbendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

I just received my copy of Old School Volume 1 and I must say I was rather disappointed that they didn't use the version of One of These Things that had the extra sounds between susan's line of: "Ernie's rubber ducky and the closing music. What a shame.

At any rate, the other albums are fine.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It's very cool to see these classic Sesame Street albums getting re-released. I'll have to look for it in the music store.:smile::wisdom::super:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just received my copy of Old School Volume 1 and I must say I was rather disappointed that they didn't use the version of One of These Things that had the extra sounds between susan's line of: "Ernie's rubber ducky and the closing music. What a shame.
The extra sounds were only included on the original 45 single, not the original LP. Just like the original single for "People in Your Neighborhood" had an extra version of the song that also was not on the original cast album.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll have to get it if I can.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Got my copy in the mail from Half.com today. Listening to "I've Got Two" on the first album as I type. So far so good...

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Finished. An excellent compilation of three classic Sesame albums!

Now we wait for a Volume 2... (I'd personally be interested in the original Muppet Alphabet Album or Havin' Fun with Ernie and Bert or maybe even At Home with Ernie and Bert)

LoveBeam

Reaction score
We may not have as long to wait. Amazon.com is going to release a second volume set October 25th.

I hope it has the Sesame Street Fairy Tale album. That one, and Bert and Ernie Sing Along are the ones I wore out listening to when I was a child. I probably still know every single word by heart.

This makes me think today, in Bert and Ernie sing along, they must have had an enormous bathroom in that apartment. To fit in some of the cast, a piano, and Harry monster on a motorcycle. Plus other muppet monsters. :big_grin:

I'm ordering the Old School CD Vol 1. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Vol 2! :smile:

ErnieBert

Reaction score
The extra sounds were only included on the original 45 single, not the original LP. Just like the original single for "People in Your Neighborhood" had an extra version of the song that also was not on the original cast album.
Actually, the original Columbia LP of The Sesame Street Book & Record (CS 1069, with the book and poster) also has the long version of "One of These Things". The only difference between the LP and 45 is that the LP is stereo, and the 45 is mono. The other Columbia edition (released under various titles and covers, but with a catalog number of CR 21530, and doesn't have the book or poster) has the shorter version. I guess when it came time to reissue it on CTW 22064 in 1974, they used the shorter version, and it's been used on all the compilations that I've heard ever since.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sesame_Street_Book_&_Record

Ken