Your Thoughts: Sesame Street at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday morning don't miss the Sesame Street Muppets at The 95th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This will be the 47th consecutive year that the cast of Sesame Street has made an appearance.

The parade begins at 9 am eastern on NBC and Peacock. Sesame Street's appearance is scheduled for approximately 10 am eastern.

Please note, the parade may be delayed up to two hours for your time zone, so be sure to check local listings for accurate start times. Also in some markets, NBC will be re-airing the parade in the afternoon so check local times for broadcasts in your area.

In the meantime, enjoy last year's appearance!

If you saw Macy's Thanksgiving parade, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

wiley207

Reaction score
Nothing like kicking off Thanksgiving with me and my dad reminiscing how NBC used to actually care about the Macy's parade balloons and floats, compared to today where they virtually ignore them in favor of the Radio City Rockettes and such! You gotta tune to CBS to get decent coverage of those. At least the cast of Sesame Street was mentioned in NBC's opening lineup, since for a couple years they weren't mentioned AT ALL.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, the CBS broadcast can't do/have the performances, so all they can do is talk about the floats/balloons.

It's weird to me that they're the only other channel that attempts to cover the parade in any way.

wiley207

Reaction score
Just saw the float on NBC!

Awww, that's cute how Elmo's new dog got to ride in the nest with him, in place of Abby Cadabby. Of course, I also liked seeing Julia on the float as well, in her noise-cancelling headset and her cute winter hat! And of course, Oscar refusing to sing is always a highlight.

It was a little unusual this year with the float being all Muppets this year, but kind of interesting. I know that kids under 12 can't be on the parade float this year, but really?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Just saw the float on NBC!

Awww, that's cute how Elmo's new dog got to ride in the nest with him, in place of Abby Cadabby. Of course, I also liked seeing Julia on the float as well, in her noise-cancelling headset and her cute winter hat! And of course, Oscar refusing to sing is always a highlight.

It was a little unusual this year with the float being all Muppets this year, but kind of interesting. I know that kids under 12 can't be on the parade float this year, but really?
Yeah the fact that it was all Muppets on the Sesame Street float has to be a first for the series, right?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Shame there weren't any humans around. Liked Tango's little hat. Missed seeing Telly and Prairie on the float. Doesn't seem good for either of those character's futures.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Shame there weren't any humans around. Liked Tango's little hat. Missed seeing Telly and Prairie on the float. Doesn't seem good for either of those character's futures.
I have to say I would have liked to see new episodes focused on Prairie Dawn and how she could adapt to the current status quo of the series. I always thought it would have been interesting to see her learn other language songs through her piano and have her encounter with Abby and her unpredictable magic given her needs to have things in order.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Tamir. That's his name. And Gabrielle should be easy enough because it's similar to Gabriella, Maria and Luis's daughter for many years, except which one was Gabrielle again. Remember I'm seeing these on PBS nine months after they air so it's hard to keep track.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Tamir. That's his name. And Gabrielle should be easy enough because it's similar to Gabriella, Maria and Luis's daughter for many years, except which one was Gabrielle again. Remember I'm seeing these on PBS nine months after they air so it's hard to keep track.