Your Thoughts: Muppet Robin Hood

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The first issue is finally here! Muppet Robin Hood #1 by Tim Beedle and Armand Villavert is now available in comic book stores.

You can order the comic (with various variant covers) online via BOOM! Studio's website:
http://www.boom-kids.com/muppet-robin-hood-1-cover-a.html

So, for those who have managed to pick up this comic book, what are your thoughts on this Muppet adaptation of Robin Hood?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I just picked it up and I just read it, and I gotta say, I think I'm lovin' it more than the TMS comics (which I also really love). The Muppets have done Robin Hood numerous times, and this would be the second time it was in comic book form... The Muppet Babies comic did it in issue 20 with a different story.

I really loved the artwork. It had a storybook quality to it, almost. And I could detect Eastern flavor (while not looking like it borrowed too heavily from manga/anime). I really like how Piggy came off in this comic, and I love the spin on Janice. I find it interesting that Kermit looks sort of like Roger's.... And we really got to see some nice action shots as well.

And the story was just great. Muppets doing classic stories can either be hit or miss, but the writer here really hits the mark, making it seem like a longer epic, but giving it a nice Muppet satirical spin. But one that doesn't take away from all the action and drama of the source material. And a surprise cameo from.... well... I'm keeping it a surprise. Clearly these people have done their muppet homework to include him. Gonzo having little asides to how fun getting stuck in a fake windmill... Sam saying that violating the rules is UnAmerican, then quickly getting corrected (a nod, perhaps to MCC?)... and the scene with Sweetums was marvellous.

I really cannot wait for the next issue. This one was beyond delightful.

Oh, and here's something to look for when you get the cover B... I noticed some foam flocking texturing hinted at in the coloring. That was something I didn't expect to see. It looks much better in person, though.