Your Thoughts: Kermit on Dancing with the Stars on October 16, 2017

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm ok with it. I'll just have to get use to his voice over and over and over and over. I just hope they use more of him so that we can get use to his voice. I just hate that most of us who grew up during the time that Jim was still around we've been been through 3 voices and it's hard to get use it after so many years of so many performers but he is doing a fine job in helping our little green friend live on so I do appreciate Matt for that.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Sorry to say this, I'm still not impressed, and I think Matt still needs a bit more work. I can't really say why, except for the fact that sometimes, when it comes to big changes like this, it takes me quite a bit of time to get used to these things. I'm not saying Matt is a bad Kermit, because he isn't. As I stated multiple times, I don't do well with change, but I am not going to come right out and dismiss his performance as Kermit just yet. Matter of fact, it took me awhile before I got used to Steve's Kermit, too.

BTW, who was singing "Rainbow Connection?" Ugh.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Vogel hasn't really been presented with the chance to develop the character, so people are responding to the fact that it just looks and sounds like a bad Kermit impression. There's not much in the way of personality there - but again, that's because he hasn't been given a medium through which he can develop that personality.

I'm sure people felt the same way before Whitmire did a couple of movies. Some still thought it was just a bad Kermit impression, but I beg to differ.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Vogel hasn't really been presented with the chance to develop the character, so people are responding to the fact that it just looks and sounds like a bad Kermit impression. There's not much in the way of personality there - but again, that's because he hasn't been given a medium through which he can develop that personality.

I'm sure people felt the same way before Whitmire did a couple of movies. Some still thought it was just a bad Kermit impression, but I beg to differ.
I agree with you there. I know that when Steve did his first Kermit I wasn't use to it and then later on I did. Matt just needs more things to do so that after a while we won't care till Disney does it again or the Muppet Family rips him out of our lives and puts a new replacement in. Now I don't see Matt ever going anywhere soon but I though Steve wasn't going to be going any where soon too (yeah I know it was 27 years) but I thought we would have been seeing him up till his 80's or 90's still either voicing Kermit kinda like Jerry did with The Count but I normally stay optimistic with anything like this. So I can't wait to see what Disney does with the Muppets and hopefully a new show or them bringing back the new show with new seasons on a different network or Netflix.