Your Thoughts: Kermit at the Macy's Parade

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay everyone - i know the whole Kismet the Toad affair was highly traumatic for everyone but i really think it's past the point now where every new Kermit appearance has to be full of "Will it be Steve doing him? Was it Steve?" Whatever happened for a short time with Steve is over and he's back, fellas. Muppets Studio has just rolled out their fulltime relaunch this week - they're not gonna muck it up without the official performers unless an emergency happens.
Yeah. I know. And I was thinking someone would mention this, but what happened before came as a shock so you never know when it will happen again. But you're right, if it is to come up again, that would be the time to worry about it. We'll let it go for now.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't like the hip-hop tone they gave it. Last year' was much better.
Well, whattaya expect? Tiffany's hip; Kermit's hop - put 'em together and you'll get hip hop.

If they instead went with Flip Wilson and Beauregard, it woulda been Flip-Mop.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Well, whattaya expect? Tiffany's hip; Kermit's hop - put 'em together and you'll get hip hop.

If they instead went with Flip Wilson and Beauregard, it woulda been Flip-Mop.
Leave comedy to the bears, Ebenezer.

sorry had too...ive been wanting to use that for a few weeks now:halo:

Nick22

Reaction score
it wasn't horrible. i DEFINITELY could've done without tiffany. pretty girl, but i'm sorry, she can't sing. if kermit HAS to do a duet, the LEAST they can do is have him do a duet with someone who is at least a decent singer. tiffany's voice does nothing for me.

wiley207

Reaction score
Kermit's duet with Tiffany near the end was pretty good! Could it be that Kermit is becoming a regular Macy's parade guest star? I HOPE SO!

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Oh, besides the Kermit & Tiffany duet, I also liked seeing the Kermit baloon and Zoe on the Sesame Street float.

beaker

Reaction score
Kermit looked fantastic. Cn't wait to hear him sing later on in the parade. The Sesame Stree float was just as wonderful too. Great music and lot's of great Muppets. It's obvious that Jim's legacy will live on for eternity. :smile:
That had to be the best Sesame Street float/song Ive seen on Macy's day in years. And I really dug the Abby float. Missed the Kermit performance(had to go back to bed...its hard waking up early during my non work days!) but I'll catch it on youtube. Btw, the Kermit float is so surreal...I just love it. Something about seeing "mega muppets"(like Animal in TMM) is just amazing.

It's good to know we can rely on a Muppet/Sesame combo every year!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I loved all of the Muppety goodness in the parade. And I'm all for having Kermit interact with whoever is the pop-star du jour. After all, it reminds people that the Muppets are part of the pop-culture landscape just as much as they were in the heyday of the Muppet Show. :smile:

TML

Reaction score
Jim Hensons productions are always about focusing on the positives, but so many fans on here seem mired in the negative. What Muppet fans need to realize is that most people under 30 think of Sesame Street as the Muppets. There are so many guest stars on the old Muppet Show that I have no idea who the _ _ _ _ they are. They were hot at the time. So why should pairing the Muppets with hot young Disney stars be any different? If you want tweens and teens to discover them and not think of them as stupid puppets for little kids, then they have to be paired with stars that give them credibility in to that audience. Everything has to evolve and change. She had great chemistry with Kermit, it was sweet and cute and great exposure for the brand.