Your Thoughts: "Jim Henson: The Biography" by Brian Jay Jones

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Apart from what CaseytheMuppet mentioned, most of the photos have been in other books, save for some really candid shots taken by Henson's first post-Jane lover.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I got to read some of it in the book store today. I have to admit one particular story nearly made me cry and I don't mean that flipantly. It's just all very enlightening concerning Jim's relationship with the performers, especially Richard Hunt. Jim had a challenge in balancing friendship with running a business.

FloydPepper77

Reaction score
Really great so far...love the depth Jones goes into while discussing Jim's family history...also learning about the development of Jim and Jane's relationship....currently in chapter 5...really great stuff.
The audio book is fantastic as well...great to listen to while driving!

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I just read the prologue and had to smile when reading about how Joey kept saying "Cookie Monster" when singing the alphabet. I can hardly wait to read the entire book.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really hope that we get a movie from this book.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Finished it. The ending goes into excruciating detail regarding Henson's death... I felt sick reading on the subway. Really strong writing, terribly, terribly sad.

zns

Reaction score
The reviews and praises are just so exciting. Unfortunately I'll have to wait at least three months since I am going to ask for this as a Christmas present. So until then, I don't want to read any text from the book, that way I'll be surprised at some of the things that Mr. Jones has written. I did skim through a few of the photographs at B&N however, but most of them are pretty common for us diehard fans anyway. Congratulations Brian Jay Jones on a job well done and thank for making Jim's story come to life.

:jim::jim::jim:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Earlier this week (on Tuesday), since I had 2 hours to kill in between my classes, I went to Barnes and Noble, and sure enough I found it with the other new books just a few seconds after I got into the store. I skimmed through it, and I must say that I enjoyed everything I saw (I didn't have time to read the whole book), and I'm going to request it as a Christmas present from one of my parents or one of my relatives.

I really hope that we get a movie from this book.
That would be awesome!