Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
BTW Scooter sounds amazing Davids come so far from Letters to Santa ...Scooters performance is so smooth now

Puckrox

Reaction score
BTW Scooter sounds amazing Davids come so far from Letters to Santa ...Scooters performance is so smooth now
I've noticed this recently too. I watched Muppets Wizard of Oz the other day and I was shocked to see the comparison between that and the more recent stuff David's done as Scooter. He's improved so much!

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I've noticed this recently too. I watched Muppets Wizard of Oz the other day and I was shocked to see the comparison between that and the more recent stuff David's done as Scooter. He's improved so much!
Well, David didn't do Scooter in MWoO... That was Rickey Boyd.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Rickey Boyd was a good scooter

i know what she means though its mostly that even in recent times Scooters felt awkward...even the frist time david did a full performance in LTS he was sorta stiff...i would be to, and slowly you could tell he felt more comfortable, but look at him now and last night somewhat mini monologue youd think he was at it for years

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I love it. Kermit is really himself now. He's got Jim Henson's sarcasm and occasional biting wit, balanced perfectly with his kind, everyman persona.

Also, I'm glad the Muppeteers came out from behind the benches at the end. They deserve recognition for their brilliant talent.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Well, David didn't do Scooter in MWoO... That was Rickey Boyd.
Whoops! I thought I read that David was Scooter in that. Guess I was wrong!

I love it. Kermit is really himself now. He's got Jim Henson's sarcasm and occasional biting wit, balanced perfectly with his kind, everyman persona.

Also, I'm glad the Muppeteers came out from behind the benches at the end. They deserve recognition for their brilliant talent.
I strongly agree with both your comments. I felt all giddy seeing the Muppeteers' faces at the end, and I think the Muppets have finally become what they once were again. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Loved the episode! Thought the opener was rather banal, but it's spoofing Mitt Romney who is about as boring as it gets.

Loved the Muppet monologue, pitch perfect on all fronts. Though again, what is up with the Fozzie puppet? They seriously need to go back to using the 2008 Fozzie and Gonzo puppets, amirite?

Dug the Kermit "really?" segment, as much as I've grown tired of people using "..really...REALLY??!?" as a slang retort

LOVVVED the Regis show spoof. I mean impersonations of Ricky Gervais, Zoey Deschenel and Denzel Washington? Genius!

That Jason Segel mattress commercial was too much. :smile:

That cryptic digital short was pretty bizarre, reminded me of those weird early 80's PBS shows thatd come on

LOVED the Andre the Giant skit, so random

LOVVVVVED Florence and the Machine, that second song she performed is up there with "Cosmic Love" and "Rabbit Heart".

That last sketch was the quintessential 1:05 AM droll SNL closer. Cool to see one last skit with the Muppets. Very cool seeing Rowlf featured a lot. Overall, SNL still has the same strange humor it had when I started watching in the late 1980's and early 90's

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Can I just say how much I am enjoying the new Kermit that we are seeing since this movie publicity began? Kermit is charming and soooo entertaining to watch when he is smugly in love and in charge of his zany band of merry muppets--these are two of the main things from which Kermit drew his identity on TMS.

Steve is doing a good job with Kermit and I am liking what he's doing more now than ever before. Keep it up, dear--Kissy kissy!! (I'll let Miss Piggy be my proxy and do the honors....)