Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I also discovered, on the Muppet Wiki guide for Episode 594, there was a segment "Some clowns, more clowns..." that was edited out of the HBO Max broadcast. Was this due to licensing issues with the Ringling Brothers/Barnum and Bailey Circus, even though the company has been defunct for five years?

I do know that, in the HBO Max release of Episode 1836 (Season 15 premiere), the segment "Counting the circus clowns" was likely kept intact, implying it may not have been licensing issues with the circus company that applied with "Some clowns, more clowns..." So what on earth could be the reason?
I mean timing, some segments just get cut for timing

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, some more classic episodes were added today, I think the oldest one is from season 22.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, that’s not true!! They’ve added 2356!!
Okay, first time I saw an update on the HBO Max page, I only noticed one episode that was added today. Then I saw more added since, and then there was another post with some more (including that one). I figured maybe they didn't list all of the newly-added ones yet.

ssetta

Reaction score
Another episode they added yesterday that’s not on Muppet Wiki is 2941.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The following episode was also removed:

Season 23 Episode 2912 - Slimey's at Worm School

ssetta

Reaction score
The following episode was also removed:

Season 23 Episode 2912 - Slimey's at Worm School
Hopefully it comes back. It was removed once before. I also noticed the Season 40 premiere was removed. Not sure when that happened.

ssetta

Reaction score
Oh and I just noticed something else interesting. 2850 is the only episode on HBO Max to have the full backers credits intact (except for the final screen about Unitel Video).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I wondered: For seasons 27-29, do they keep or cut the ending "coming soon on Sesame Street" teasers (considering not many, if any, back to back episodes are on HBO Max)? I guess I could ask the same for when the show was on HBO in the past. It gets me wondering: If they remove the "Coming Soon on Sesame Street", is it still "uncut"? Of course I wouldn't say it's cut if they don't include the original PBS logos at the end (are those on the HBO Max prints?).