Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Something I wondered: For seasons 27-29, do they keep or cut the ending "coming soon on Sesame Street" teasers (considering not many, if any, back to back episodes are on HBO Max)? I guess I could ask the same for when the show was on HBO in the past. It gets me wondering: If they remove the "Coming Soon on Sesame Street", is it still "uncut"? Of course I wouldn't say it's cut if they don't include the original PBS logos at the end (are those on the HBO Max prints?).
They do not have them.

ssetta

Reaction score
They always cut out those previews because it wouldn't make any sense to have them if they don't have the episode it's previewing. Though I did notice that for episode 3435, they cut out the CTW announcement.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I decided to look at the wiki pages for some of the recently-added classic episodes, is it just me or are more segments cut from this batch of classics compared to what's already been on the service?

In particular, a lot of segments from the season 19 premier are cut, though some of them I am not really surprised about. But I saw that HBO Max replaced Chariots of Fur with the alternate 1992 version. After seeing that alteration was made, I checked and saw that it's completely cut from the HBO max version of episode 1836 (at least it's on DVD and the YouTube upload remains). I guess they decided they did not want to include Alistair Cookie's pipe on HBO Max (did they do the same with The Sound of Music on the HBO Max release of the season 20 finale, or with Gone with the Wind in the Grouch Appreciation Day episode?).

EDIT TO ADD: Okay I checked, Gone with the Wind was cut from that episode, the wiki doesn't note The Sound of Music being cut or replaced.

ssetta

Reaction score
I decided to look at the wiki pages for some of the recently-added classic episodes, is it just me or are more segments cut from this batch of classics compared to what's already been on the service?

In particular, a lot of segments from the season 19 premier are cut, though some of them I am not really surprised about. But I saw that HBO Max replaced Chariots of Fur with the alternate 1992 version. After seeing that alteration was made, I checked and saw that it's completely cut from the HBO max version of episode 1836 (at least it's on DVD and the YouTube upload remains). I guess they decided they did not want to include Alistair Cookie's pipe on HBO Max (did they do the same with The Sound of Music on the HBO Max release of the season 20 finale, or with Gone with the Wind in the Grouch Appreciation Day episode?).

EDIT TO ADD: Okay I checked, Gone with the Wind was cut from that episode, the wiki doesn't note The Sound of Music being cut or replaced.
The Sound of Music was cut from 2615.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Going off-topic this time: I have not one, but TWO new threads. One where you can state any predictions about what might happen in the upcoming season of Sesame Street, and one where you can talk about anything related to The Electric Company, both vintage and modern.