Your Thoughts: Funko Pop Muppets Series 1 Vinyl Figures

What is your favorite Muppet Series 1 vinyl figure?

• Animal

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Dr. Teeth

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Fozzie

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Gonzo

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Kermit

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Mahna Mahna

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Snowth

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • San Diego Comic Con Metallic Mahna Mahna and Snowths

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
It's surprising that they still haven't released more Simpson characters but since the first four are so difficult/expensive to find i'll probably pass on future ones.

As far as scalpers go luckily they don't really bother when it comes to The Muppets which is a good thing for all of us here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem with Pops is that they release so darn many at once, and by the time you try and get some of them, they've been moved aside to make room for others. I wish they'd have a reserve of some to sell back stock/retired characters directly online for a longer time period as there aren't too many venues for the toys to hit in Brick and Mortar retailers. I've only seen them at a local retail chain, Barnes and Noble (with a really slim selection), TRU (with a very very slim selection), Target (again, slim as heck and mostly Magic: The Gathering and Walking Dead), and Hot Topic.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
You're completely right, too many are released at the same time and then they take to long to release other characters. If they did release new Simpsons Pops I'd like to collect them but wouldn't knowing I'd probably have to spend a fortune on Homer, Marge, Bart and Krusty. I know this is normal for figures to go up in prices but when you can't find Series 1 by the time Series 2 comes out then what's the point in collecting these?

That's why as soon as the SS Funko Pop get released I'm snatching them all up at once.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Anybody hoping for a series 3? Like a full series not just 2 pops. Obviously they have a new tv show so they could promote it. I want Uncle Deadly and a Pepe pop!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd honestly just care if they'd rerelease them. There's an even higher turn around since they're flooding the market with these things, yet they seem to favor television shows and movies that don't really represent themselves well to toy versions of them. Cult movies I understand. Popular TV shows? Go for it. Sixteen Candles? No.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
I feel that they could have done better on Kermit. I think it would look much better if they put the eyes on top, but that's just my opinon

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I kind of agree on that one. I really wish they'd revist the Muppets a third time but with different designs. I would have said back when these first came out something to the extent of "it's supposed to look like this," but I've seen what they can do with these things since the line evolved. They can totally put the eyes on the head now. Look at the Cookie Monster one. Sure, his eyes aren't googly, but they managed to keep his signature look without making it too different from the rest of the line. The Minions figures look like Minions figures before they look like Pop Vynals. They're really moving away from just a large square head on a tiny body with certain licenses. Steven Universe especially. Just looks like a Steven toy with black eyes.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Little FYI... There was some concept art for a new Funko line called Pint Sized Heroes that featured Muppets (bottom left)...

If you're not already aware, Pint Sized Heroes are small (about 1.5 inches tall) figures. If you're familiar with Funko Dorbz, Pint Sized Heroes are pretty much mini Dorbz. There's Batman, Spider-Man, and Steven Universe set scheduled for release in September. The picture above is concept art of head designs on several proposed lines of Pint Sized Heroes, so no gurantee that they'll be released, but pretty cool to see The Muppets being thought of anyway.