Your Thoughts: Frank Oz on Today

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I watched this as well. It was a nice little appearance and I thought it was very touching how Frank kept mentioning he was there for Jim and the rest of the guys who have passed on.
My thoughts exactly.

I love Oz, though. I wonder what his next directorial undertaking will be?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks, Super Scooter. I'll check that out before I go to bed tonight.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh wow...

I remember reading about the famous pipes story ages ago in a Muppet book, the proto genesis of many of the Muppet characters from a bored little session of the "great four".

Never thought I'd see it not only given its own segment on NBC world news and Today Show, but a central new part of the NBC tour. Love both segments, but the Brian Williams one for sure was quite touching.

I never ever though Oz would ever come back to touch on the Muppets again...but such a great story and piece of history. I believe before 1964, the only two crucial Muppets created had been Kermit and Rowlf.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
It's nice to see Frank in the flesh again after all these years and I think it's nice that they preserved something that Jim, Frank, Jerry Juhl and Don Sahlin made years ago is very nice. More creations like that should be preserved in the way the pipes were. Anything made by Jim or anybody else in the Henson troop should be treasured for years to come so that everyone can see them and see how much of a genius Jim was.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
I saw the Brian Williams/Frank Oz video a few days back and I just finished watching the "Today" appearance. Loved both, especially nice to see Frank again.

Belleque

Reaction score
What fun!

I haven't seen these since their appearance in the muppet book so many years ago! Nice to see Frank again! :super:

Rusty

Reaction score
I hated it when I learned that Frank Oz had decided to concentrate on directing. No disrespect to those who play his parts today but you can't really replace the creator of a character... not perfectly anyway.

Still, the Muppets are still in good hands. I'm glad to know that my kids will be able to meet many of the same friends that I had, and my parents had, growing up.

greatgonzo46

Reaction score
About Frank Oz first- I met him way back at a Puppet festival in Berkeley, CA in 1990-I met Gonzo too! It is a travesty to re-make Muppet movie with a human lead! What?
Also why oh why has Sesame Street changed so much?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I can answer that for you...just one word....Elmo!