Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 2

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
angiealight said:
I was so very happy when I found a copy at Target the other day! ^_^

One of my very favorite episodes is Wembly's Egg - the first one on the first disk! Yay! Also, like many, I was moved by hearing the revised 'Follow Me' in memory of Jerry Juhl - beautiful.
Thats the only episode I've watched so far. But yes that is a very good one.

anathema

Reaction score
Slight correction needed to the review - only "Wembley's Egg" and "Boober's Dream" have the modified opening titles. All other shows on the first disc have the original FR logo.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I hope they don't muck it around to much. I like Fragle Rock excaly the way it was. Dosen't metter to me if it had a title or not. But I know why they changed it though. I'm glad it's out on dvd atall. Allthought ITS NOT WHERE I LIVE YET. lol If it's in Calgayr they are doing a good job at hideing it. This happened when season 1 came out to had to wite almost 3 months before I could but it after it was released.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I had a fantastic "Fraggle-thon" this weekend!

Really!

I did!

It's such a thrill to have "Mokey and the Minstrels", "Fraggle Wars", "A Cave of One's Own", and "Invasion of the Toe-Ticklers" on DVD!

Really!

It is!

:excited:

My only complaint is the again all-too-obvious exclusion of Kathy Mullen in the extras---why is she not being interviewed?! :mad: If she's still in Afghanistan I could understand that, although she was at Jerry Juhl's tribute (a very moving and sweet inclusion), so one can't help but think they could have taped her for a few minutes somewhere; or at least had someone tape her and send it in, a la Steve, if she were unable to come to where the others were interviewed. But this is a slap in the face 2 seasons in a row, and I really really really hope she's on the next set's features!

Anyway, it was cool seeing Wander McMooch in this season (he reminds me a bit of the 1970s "Clyde Frog" segments on PBS), there seemed to have been a lot more Wembley this season, and it's so great seeing Red and Mokey become roommates in one of the most complex, true-to-life and three-dimensional-character scripts of the show IMO.

And Lanford, don't forget Lanford! :stick_out_tongue:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i found it on DVD at Walmart lastnite (...about time they got it!) i watched the Bonus disc first, i liked the jerry tribune and the Traviling Matt music video, i REMEMBER seenin this music vid, i palyed it 3 times in a row... all around the world, la la la la laaa... and now im the 1st disc so far i LOVED the red ep with the lily sea monster, aww so cute! :excited: :smirk:

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I watched it all

I watched all the episodes first, then the bonus dvd. I love it so much! I started crying too. I pre-ordered season 2 from Amazon in July, but when it hadn't come yet, I saw it at Wal-Mart and had to get it! I couldn't wait! I'll just give the other copy to my friend. I remembered all the episodes from childhood except for Mokey and the Minstrels. WHAT A GREAT EPISODE!!!:smirk: :excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I had a fantastic "Fraggle-thon" this weekend!

Really!

I did!
Me too!

I did!

Of course, mine was this weekend, not last weekend. I didn't realize it was even out until Thursday when I was at WalMart. It is fantastic! I watched every episode this weekend while I was sick in bed. AH-:embarrassed:CHOO!

Only complaint, and it's a dumb one, and it's not even really a complaint, just a comment... Season Two Gobo is on the cover of Season One, and Season One Gobo is on the cover of Season Two... weird! :concern:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I know this news is a bit outdated, but HIT's online store has a page for Fraggle DVDs. They list Season Two here:

http://www.hitshopusa.com/item/k/H101031

The page contains a trailer (which I can't get to work), and also has a mysterious marker saying "Limited Quantities."

I wonder if this might explain the trouble many of us had locating copies in stores...

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
I think the limited quantities is just for the Hit On-Line store. I noticed "Where it All Began", "Dance Your Cares Away" and the Fraggle plush set are marked Limited Quantities too. Anyone know when Hit is going to announce if they are releasing Season 3? I thought I read somewhere they would make a decision sometime in the Fall.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I just baught season 2 at Wall Mart last night, and I'm thrilled about it. I haven't seen them all yet but I watched a lot of it so far, and it's great stuff. I love the tribute to Jerry Jhul that was so touching. I'm very happy to own this. They didn't change it at all left it the excat way I remebered it. The only thing was they must have remastered the sound. There was one where Gobo Sang ' The Only Way Home ' and the gutir wasn't heard so much. Not compleineing it's still wonderful.