Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday morning watch the Fraggle Rock Muppets at The 96th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This will be the 3rd year (and the first since the 1980s) that Fraggle Rock has made an appearance. Uncle Travelling Matt is scheduled for a special live appearance.

The parade begins at 9 am eastern on NBC and Peacock.

Please note, the parade may be delayed up to two hours in your time zone, so be sure to check local listings for accurate start times. Also in some markets, NBC will be re-airing the parade in the afternoon so check local times for broadcasts in your area.

In the meantime, enjoy the following social videos with Uncle “Travelling” Matt with a special appearance premiering during the live broadcast on NBC on Thanksgiving Day.

If you saw Macy's Thanksgiving parade, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

wiley207

Reaction score
I enjoyed seeing Uncle Traveling Matt's little segment in the parade! Did anyone catch that, too?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I found it fun to see uncle traveling Matt encounter with the actual Macy’s thanksgiving day parade along with the appearances of the other Fraggles. Kind of cool to see the Fraggle version of the Parade as well.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The architect dressed as Santa made me smile. The pretaped stuff with the Fraggles in the Rock was a nice way to accommodate for the fact that Jordan Lockhart couldn't fly to New York.

kathy26

Reaction score
Did I hear Hoda say Jim Henderson instead of Jim Henson?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike the Sesame appearance, this one left me disappointed. The float itself was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type of deal what with being sandwiched between the Baby Yoda balloon and the Jenny-O's T-Day feast float that both got more coverage.

Also, I heard the Fraggles introduce themselves after the float, and hey, was Mokey completely dismissed/not mentioned? Like usual? :grr:

Oh... And regarding the interaction between Uncle Matt and Jessica the Macy's parade helper, was that a reference to A Muppet Family Christmas when she told him to watch out for the slippery ice? :fanatic:

Foodie

Reaction score
It's a little late but that was a fun morning for me. Took me back to 1984 when the original fraggle parade float happened. This time, I had my phone camera so I recorded most of it. The owner of my place of work even texted me about it cuz they know I'm a fraggle nerd.

They need a Gobo parade balloon now. :smirk: Well... there was that one Gobo parade float balloon in Tenn. a few years ago though...