Your Thoughts: Disney+ streaming service officially launches

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that Disney+ ($6.99 monthly or $69.99 for one year) has officially launched, this is a thread devoted to discussing all the Disney content on the service.

The new service will feature new and existing programming from Disney's film and animation studios, "Star Wars," Marvel, Pixar and National Geographic, which it acquired along with the FX network as part of the Fox deal.

Muppet content at launch includes the films: "The Muppet Movie" (1979), "The Great Muppet Caper" (1981), "The Muppet Christmas Carol" (1992), "Muppet Treasure Island" (1996), "The Muppets" (2011) and "Muppets Most Wanted" (2014).

The only series currently available is "The Muppets" (2015), "Muppet Babies" (2018) and the "Muppet Moments" Disney Junior spots.

Please note, we'll have separate threads for discussing new Muppet content like the upcoming short-form series, Muppets Now when it launches next year.

Some of the new exclusive content includes:

"The Mandalorian" - A new Star Wars series based on the years after "Return of the Jedi" (1984).

"Lady and the Tramp" - A new live-action feature film.

"Forky Asks a Question" - The "Toy Story 4" character, made out of a spork, a pipe cleaner and some googly eyes, has questions about how the world works, to be answered in 10 shorts. The series tackles important issues like "What is love?" and "What is cheese?"

"SparkShorts" - Shorts from Pixar Animation Studios, showcasing new storytellers and different techniques.

The service also includes a huge back catalog of media including 500 films and 7,500 TV episodes.

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, everyone should take a few minutes and fill out the form below. Send a kind note and let Disney know that you want to see "The Muppet Show", "Muppets Tonight", "Muppet Babies" (1984-1991) and "Bear in the Big Blue House" on Disney+. Let your voice be heard.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
By the way, everyone should take a few minutes and fill out the form below. Send a kind note and let Disney know that you want to see "The Muppet Show", "Muppets Tonight", "Muppet Babies" and "Bear in the Big Blue House" on Disney+. Let your voice be heard.

YES!!!!! Add The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, and Bear in the Big Blue House! Especially Bear!!

Telekinesis

Reaction score
Oh good, an account I recognize is still here! I’m thrilled that I was somehow able to remember my ancient password!

With that said, I’m bugging Disney to death about A Muppet Family Christmas and I will not rest until it is restored in all its glory!

Greetings again, Muppet Family! :smile:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
They literally haven't added The Muppet Show even though they can? Are they still ******* with the desperate season 4/5 fans?

MWoO

Reaction score
It is possible that music rights are preventing them from streaming certain shows and specials. We still haven't seen an official release of the full Muppet Family Christmas due to rights issues.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
They can always remove certain songs out in the end. They were able to do it with physical media releases.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It is possible that music rights are preventing them from streaming certain shows and specials. We still haven't seen an official release of the full Muppet Family Christmas due to rights issues.
They can always remove certain songs out in the end. They were able to do it with physical media releases.
I think it’s a mixture of more celebrity estates, license music, and also the Christopher Reeves heavily featuring a DC property.