Your Thoughts: Big Bird on The Martha Stewart Show

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Bird is scheduled to appear on The Martha Stewart Show Tuesday May 25. Check local listings for times in your area.

After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Well, Big Bird was plugging some Beaches resort Sesame Street tie-in, where people in Sesame Street character costumes were going to be there to entertain the kids.

He watched as Martha made some postcards with beach-themed scrapbooking cutouts.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Matt Vogel perform Big Bird before, but I think this might have been him? I don't know, the voice seemed a little bit lower than the last time I saw Bird on a talk show (Jimmy Kimmel). Could anyone definitively tell who was in the suit?

It was cute to see the few toddlers in the audience looking up at Big Bird with awe and smiles on their faces.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I didn't see it. If someone could post a clip online of that, maybe I could listen and see if I can tell whether it was Carroll or Matt.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I didn't get to see only to know that i wasn't even aware that Big Bird was going to be on The Martha Stewart Show. Can't wait to see it pop up on Youtube soon.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Caroll Spinney DID play Big Bird here. I followed him through this whole process. He was very excited to be playing Big Bird again, seeing as he hasnt played him since before Christmas, wrapping up the 41st season of the show. I didnt see the show and I hope it pops up on YouTube soon because I am dying to see it!:wisdom: (haha Big Bird icon!)

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Caroll Spinney DID play Big Bird here. I followed him through this whole process. He was very excited to be playing Big Bird again, seeing as he hasnt played him since before Christmas, wrapping up the 41st season of the show. I didnt see the show and I hope it pops up on YouTube soon because I am dying to see it!:wisdom: (haha Big Bird icon!)
That's for clearing that up! Glad I got the chance to see Caroll, then. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Gee that's pretty awsome Mr. Spinney was happy to be performing "the Bird" again.:smile:

Say SpinneyBird1, since you seem to be real close to Caroll Spinney, do you think you could clear up the rumor that's been circulating in this thread for awhile? If so, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.:wink: