Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I think I'll pass on the plushie for Rizzo (he's too big).

Thanks for putting up the pic, btw.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think I'll pass on the plushie for Rizzo (he's too big).

Thanks for putting up the pic, btw.
If you are a fan of all things Muppet yet haven't been collecting their stuff for long I do suggest the action figures. Some of the characters will be very hard to find at a reasonable price like Zoot, but others are out there and are fantastic examples of the characters. Here is a picture taken by someone at one of the conventions back in 2004 http://geekspeak.org/articles/15/palisades_figures1.jpg and a playset review http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_120103a.htm

They made three different scaled Muppets - mini, regular and mega. Rizzo was only made in the regular assortment. Also Sal featured in this picture never was produced.

Back on topic

As for the Gonzo poser, I'll do a little write-up this week about my store display experience. :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Poor Piggy looks like she has a skin condition. I am suprised they didn't redo her at the time these came out. :mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Poor Piggy looks like she has a skin condition. I am suprised they didn't redo her at the time these came out. :mad:
Um...do you have her? I suppose the close-up photograph makes her appear unflatteringly porous, but anyone who's got this Piggy knows it's the best one they did and a fantastic one at that. In fact many fans wanted extra ones of her without the set. Palisades fought hard to get the Muppet texture on her that matched the rest of the Swinetrekkies. The bored expression is a different issue. I wouldn't have chosen that incarnation. I'm also not sold on the visible elbow articulation. I still wish I had the opportunity to work on the pig. However, this is the Piggy of the Palisades collection.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I got my Gonzo last week, but because I had a bit of a cold I didn't want to really touch him or anything. I'm all better now, so I'm not afraid of getting him germy.

They did great with him, although he's harder to pose than I thought (then again, I'm being uber careful while moving his arms out of fear of breaking them...so maybe it's just me).

His eyes look alright to me, not as bad as they looked in the pictures, and fluff under his eyes can easily be smoothed down.

His arms seem a little longer than I thought they would be, and much thinner than I expected as well...making it kinda hard to pose them. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I am planning on buying clothes for him after the holiday.

The suit is really nice (looks great), but I've always thought he looked nicer in more casual clothing.

I'm thrilled to have him.

Will be thrilled if I ever get Kermit to stand along side him (and Rizzo too, if he ever gets made).

muppetguy

Reaction score
Need Help Finding Clothes for Gonzo

I have searched on every website that sells baby clothes and my first want is clothing that represents him from The Muppet Caper. If I can not replicate that, I would like gonzo-ish clothes. I was told by another person here that gonzo wears 18 mo. shirt and pants and infant size 6 shoes. Can anyone help me? Please....:concern:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I have searched on every website that sells baby clothes and my first want is clothing that represents him from The Muppet Caper. If I can not replicate that, I would like gonzo-ish clothes. I was told by another person here that gonzo wears 18 mo. shirt and pants and infant size 6 shoes. Can anyone help me? Please....:concern:
Here's what I found...

18 months on the shirt will be way too big. I have my Gonzo (not Master Replicas, but built exactly the same size) in a 6-9 month shirt and sweater vest, 12 month pants (rolled into cuffs at the bottom), 12-24 months socks and 3T shoes. I also have the sweater vest rolled at the bottom, but that's the way I actually wear sweaters and sweatshirts so they're not too long.

A good place to look online is The Children's Place. I got everything really cheap when it was on sale. I would have liked a little bit wilder pattern on the shirt and a black and grey sweater vest, but I got what I could for now. I've also realized that the real Gonzo's shirts must be custom made, because he has long arms and no shoulders. Any shirt you buy from a store will obviously have shorter arms and shoulders, but it still works. It just makes his arms look shorter.

Hope this helps!

:stick_out_tongue:

Davina

Reaction score
or buy over sized so it will fit arms and be prepared to make alterations...