Your Sesame Street VHS tape collections

Schfifty

Reaction score
I just had an amazing idea: why not start a thread for people to share their Sesame Street VHS tape collections? I'm doing VHS specifically not just for nostalgic purposes, but also because I am a big VHS geek. And I'm sure that several people here grew up with VHS as well. So, please feel free to share what Sesame Street VHS tapes you own!

Pictures of my collection (there are a few titles missing):
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t673/Schfifty3/100_3106_zpsfce73a72.jpg
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums..._Street_VHS_Collection_Part_2_zpsf9d01c1a.jpg

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
-Bert and Ernie's Spectacular.
-Elmo Says Boo.
-Sing Yourself Silly.
-Put Down the Duckie.
-Elmo's Magic Cookbook.
-Sing, Hoot, and Howl With the Sesame Street Animals
-Best of Elmo
-Rock and Roll Songs.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Whoa, since when was there a tape with that title??
I assume it's actually "Bert and Ernie's Wordplay."
As far as tapes go, I only have "Don't Eat the Pictures." And "Muppet Classic Theater," if that counts. My Sesame collection is mostly DVDs than tapes.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I assume it's actually "Bert and Ernie's Wordplay."
Or it could possibly be The Best of Ernie and Bert. It's probably not likely though, since it looks like most of the videos on that list are Sony Wonder releases (or re-releases) from the late 90s—early 2000s. From what I've seen, TBoEaB's re-release by Sony Wonder didn't get as much reception as, say, Sing Along.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
It was actually called Bert and Ernie's Wordplay, sorry about the confusion.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I recently made a thread similar to this but anyway;

Hey everyone. I just started a SS VHS collection. I got most of the My Sesame Street Home Video tapes.
I have:
First release with Big Bird illustration on VHS sleeve:
Big Bird's Favorite Party Games
Bedtime Stories and Songs

Release without Big Bird illustration on VHS sleeve:
Learning About Numbers
Getting Ready to Read
The Alphabet Game
The Best of Elmo
I'm Glad I'm Me
Getting Ready for School
Sing Along

From Sesame Songs I have:
Elmo's Sing Along Guessing Game
Sing Yourself Silly!

The others I have are:
We All Sing Together (Sony Wonder release)
Sing Yourself Silly! (Sony Wonder release)
25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration
Fiesta!

Is this a good start to a collection for some who's been browsing ebay? This is actually all from a little over a months time. Surprisingly, all of these have their sleeves intact, pretty good condition.

I need some help, can someone help me locate a copy of Big Bird's Story Time for a good price? It doesn't matter which release, as long as it's one of the My Sesame Street Home Video releases.

BertsNose

Reaction score
I used to have a couple of Sesame Street VHS tapes when I was a kid that I no longer have. I reordered a few of them from amazon years ago when years later I realized I wanted to keep some. I got rid of all of them years ago. I guess back then I never thought at age 22 I would end up being nostalgic. The tapes I currently own copies of that I remember from my childhood are:

The Best of Ernie and Bert
Put Down the Duckie
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street

Yeah it's a short list. I don't know if at 22 I would want to see something like the Best of Elmo again. No offense. I'm just not a fan of him. When I was a kid I used to have Dance Along, Learning About Letters, A New Baby in my House (I don't even know if I watched that one). I do remember watching Dance Along and Learning About Letters. I also had the Best of Elmo, Big Bird Sings, Sesame Street Visits the Hospital, Cookie Monster's Best Bites (I remember the day I got it too. It was on my 4th birthday). I can't remember what else I had.

I don't know if there is a topic where we discuss the Sesame Street videos we had as a kid but I thought it seemed appropriate for this thread. Anyway Thank you Schfifty for making this thread. I think of myself as a VHS geek too and sometimes I thought I was the only person who still owned a VCR.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Schfifty, I envy your collection. It's amazing!

Turns out, my copy of Bedtime wasn't the original, but it did come with the Activity Book.

Also, I have a couple more additions to mine. I recently spoke to someone who was selling some VHS tapes in a lot, I saw Count it Higher and Big Bird's Story Time. I asked if he'd split the lot and he said yes! So I now have those, and I'm expecting Big Bird's Favorite Party Games to arrive in the mail sometime soon. All I need is A New Baby in my House, The Best of Ernie and Bert, Play Along Games and Songs, Learning About Letters and Learning to Add and Subtract.