Your main six

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, the first ever-green five are easy.

Kermit
Fozzie
Gonzo
Piggy
Animal

Now a traditionalist might say Rowlf deserves the 6th slot. Muppet Show enthusiasts could say Scooter and I wouldn't disagree with that either. However, it seems Rizzo and Pepe have slid into that sixth slot this past decade.

If you ask me about the commercial appeal of a 6th main Muppet character, then the choice is clear. Beaker would sell best in product form as the sixth main Muppet. But I'd rather go with one of my faves for number six.

Scooter :wink:
(Rowlf would be the seventh)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Scooter was definatly on par with Fozzie and Gonzo in TMS1 (not sure about the other seasons, I haven't seen enough). He was one of the main guys, and stories revolved around him in some way or rather more often than not. It's a pity that he was religated to selling t-shirts in MFS, but at least he was there. And the reason was good enough for his absence.

But the main characters have always fluctuated. Bunsen and Beaker are definatly in the forefront in the race to be main characters. They were even with the gang in MFS until they got left back at the bus station.