Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Wow, his nose is not nearly as distracting as others have made it out to be considering those incredible MR photos. I'm impressed. I think I like Gonzo and I haven't even received one yet......LOL.

Dave :smile:

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
I think the reason some of us get upset up about this is that, in my humble opinion, this "replica" is so close that it hurts... Admittedly, it is the best-looking Gonzo we've seen, but still not a "replica."

I've seen photos around here of people's Kermit replicas that look like the frog himself is in their living room (I know my living room feels like he's there)

So far Animal and Gonzo don't do that for me.

The problem with Gonzo is that I wanted him soooooo badly, and the eyes and nose just aren't right. If the next Muppet Movie came out with Gonzo looking like this, we'd all be up in arms... That first prototype was so exciting and perfect, that this is still very disappointing to me.

Still, it is lots of fun to see people's photos! And it's great that everyone loves him so much! I'd be interested to see what people can do with the posing the eyelids to give more expression to Gonzo...

- Derek

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
the eyes and nose just aren't right.
Actually, with some of the pupil-adjustments that people are doing, it makes a huge difference with the eyes... The one posted on the Master Replica's board (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/2269386492_d8ff78e477_o.jpg) is amazing.

Has anyone tried removing his baggy suit? That seems like another area that some customization could really help...

Sorry for any negativity in the above post. Gonzo has always been my favorite Muppet, so perhaps I am picky. But in my eyes getting the nose wrong on Gonzo is like making a replica of Captain Hook and leaving him with two hands because you couldn't be bothered to use the hook material...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I tend to think that Gonzo's jacket is suppposed to be that way to match the puppet. The production puppets of Gonzo appear to have length to the coats to help cover the Muppeteer (Dave in this case) parts. I don't feel the jacket is that long and Muppets do tend to have long "monkey arms" so sizing becomes a tweaky issue. Just my buck-o-five.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I am getting very jealous seeing all of you guys with gonzo.....I want mine to arrive. I have at least another 3 weeks wait

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I ordered Gonzo today from the Collector Zone. They seemed pretty helpful, the guy seemed to think that he should arrive within a few weeks.

I was also treated to Animal by my boyfriend. A bit miffed as to where to put them all, but I might donate my Mint Fisher Price set to the Museum of Childhood in London.

Any news on the Fozzie of Miss Piggy?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
BELIEVE ME....it will be worth your wait. It will feel like Christmas again! :wink:
MC, would you mind telling me what you used for Gono's lip? I think that the custom paint job has perfected him IMO.....I cant believe MR missed something like the colour of his lip!
Have you seen the TF pics?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I ordered Gonzo today from the Collector Zone. They seemed pretty helpful, the guy seemed to think that he should arrive within a few weeks.

I was also treated to Animal by my boyfriend. A bit miffed as to where to put them all, but I might donate my Mint Fisher Price set to the Museum of Childhood in London.

Any news on the Fozzie of Miss Piggy?
Not yet Leanne, glad to hear Gonzo will be a few weeks as I got mine from the collector zone as well

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
MC, would you mind telling me what you used for Gono's lip? I think that the custom paint job has perfected him IMO.....I cant believe MR missed something like the colour of his lip!
Have you seen the TF pics?

I used the same stuff that Terry used on his prototype to get that color. I hope I chose the right one cause it looks really good.

What I used was Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint. The color I used is "Lisa Pink Rose Lisa Opaque". You can get it at any material shop or hobby shop. I got mine on sale for 98 cents! I also got some white for Animals teeth that I am planning on rebuilding later on.

When you pu it on, you might have to go over it again when the first layer dries. Due to the lip being material, it is best that you go over it again to get the full effect. I also thinned the paint a bit to give the color fading out towards the mouth to blend in a bit.