Your Favorite Series 4 Figure is...

What is your favorite action figure from series 4?

• Captain Link Hogthrob

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Dr. Julius Strangepork and MAMMA

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Sam the Eagle as Mr. Samuel Arrow

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Rizzo the Rat in Red Jacket

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Rizzo the Rat Repaint in Blue Jacket

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it might be nice to do a little poll. Since Koozebane Kermit is a Target exclusive he is not on the list. We may do a series 4 exclusive poll in the future.

After you vote, let us know why you choose your favorite over the others. What was it about your favorite that put it over the top?

SamEagle 000

Reaction score
I mostly picked Sam Arrow because he's my favorite character. I also like him as Samuel Arrow and I like the things it came with.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mine was a draw between Rizzo and Strangepork. Eventually I picked Rizzo because I prefer the character, but Strangepork and all of the rest of the figures in this series are strong likenesses. There's not a weak one in the bunch. I was concerned because there were no first-string Muppets in this wave, but the quality more than outweighs that. :attitude: They are all spot-on!

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
I like Link the most but Sam is awsome too I was going to wait on this Sam but when I saw him I had to get him but I still waiting for reg Sam with moving eyes! Palisades keep up the great work! :attitude:

bats1972

Reaction score
I went with Rizzo repaint. Blue is my favorite color and I think the repaint really lokks nice.

Sam is a very close second though.

Thijs

Reaction score
Rizzo, the red one.
Not Samuel Arrow, because I find it strange that we have to wait for the normal Sam so long. Save those movie-characters for the PVC's is my advise.
Not Link and Strangepork, although they are beautiful.
No, the best is Rizzo. What a likeness. Beautiful. The normal one, not the repaint. I don't like repaints, sorry. I'd rather see a Link repaint, but then a Link without space-outfit, but with just his normal clothes.
And why isn't Piggy in the poll?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Piggy and the Swinetrek won't be out until November. She is not a part of series 4. That was changed a looooong time ago.

I can see what you mean about Sam, but he's an excellent figure and this just makes good marketing sense unless you want the line to die an early death. I don't think any of us want that. We have heard that there's a regular one (already made I think) that will be released in the future. I think that costume is amazingly done.

Repaints are for the uber collector. That's why they are in limited number. I like them. It's a nice alternative. Sometimes they come out better than the original paint like Zoot or Teeth. What you are talking about with Link would be a resculpt exclusive, not a repaint. It costs a boatload more, but I hope they do it. I really want to see a Macho Man Link eventually. That would be funny. I was never a fan of this wave until I got it home. Wow!

Thijs

Reaction score
I didnt know 'bout the Swinetrek. I don't realy follow the news that intense. I am a collector like you guys, but not THAT fanatic. I have 9 figures now, including Animal + playset, 4 serie one figures, 2 serie 2 and 2 serie 3. I have no exclusives or repaints. So I am not an uber collector, I have more to collect. Thats why I am not interested in the repaints.

About Sam, why would a Samuel Arrow sell better then a normal Sam? And I dont say I dont like the figure of S. Arrow, but I just prefer 'unsuited' figures. About the unsuited Link (and Julius), thats just a little dreaming.

:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Tommie said:
I didnt know 'bout the Swinetrek. I don't realy follow the news that intense. I am a collector like you guys, but not THAT fanatic.
It's not really being fanatical. The chart of items has been listed and updated on Muppet Central for over a year. The link to it is always on the main page. You should definitely check out. We've put a lot of effort into maintaining that. http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/tms_figures.shtml

About Sam, why would a Samuel Arrow sell better then a normal Sam?
The regular Sam might sell more than Sam Arrow, but releasing the regular version first would significantly cut into the longevity of the line. They simply can't blow all the top character choices at the beginning. It's poor marketing. They need strong (sometimes standard) figures to anchor each wave. Otherwise it's like opening all your good Christmas presents right away and then all that's left are socks and boring stuff.

Palisades has a contract to make figures for two and a half more years (through 2005)! This means they must sprinkle in top characters and special movie versions in with fan faves in each wave or the line could die a premature death. Nobody wants that. It's fairly easy to figure out. They also just got the very expensive film license and wanted to get a return on the investment. That's understandable. And that film license gave us modern Rizzo and Pepe. We wouldn't have had them otherwise.

I wish that Beau was coming out in series 6 instead of Patrol Bear, but it makes more sense to hold him back a wave or two. I guess many of us (definitely including myself) have started taking these figures for granted. A couple of years ago we would have taken anything they put out. :attitude: