Your 10 Favorite Sesame Street Songs

Zet

Reaction score
it's very hard to pick 10...currently I'd say (in no particular order):

Animated:

*Jazzy Spies
(Smy Guiley: I believe this is the correct name for the series, as mentioned on TV Land special IIRC.
I know, I know...I can't get used to it and much prefer "spies/racecars")

*Capital I
*King Minus (well it's a song to me anyway)
*Seasons (first time I heard this as an adult I got transported back 20+ years in an instant!)

Live:

*Weaverbird
*Little Things
*Starfish
*Go Ahead & Touch
*Seahorse
*a live film about a river, with a man and young girl "narrating"...music is a trumpet with mute. I'll probably post a seperate request for it eventually but if by chance someone recognizes it & has it on video please let me know, would love to work a trade for this.

Zet

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Alright, this isn't easy, but:

5. SPY-COUNTING RACE CAR THINGY SONG THAT NOBODY HAS A NAME FOR FOR SOME REASON - Grace Slick rocks these segments and I love the extremely weird time-signatures and unrecognizable instruments.
yup, unrecognizable is THE word...I've listened to it over and over and I still don't know!

Smy Guiley said:
ORIGINAL (TV VERSION) THEME SONG (NOT LP) - More unrecognizable instruments...what is that? Someone nailed together a piano, a guitar and a xylophone or something!
lol...good point, never heard anyone say that but you're absolutely right...heard it so much I just never thought of it

Smy Guiley said:
ELEVEN! (Not sure how to describe this one, sounds like Sly and the Family Stone or something-- Uses numbers and cut-out squares to demonstrate numbers to eleven...someone back me up on this one, but it sounds like they're having a ball!)
I named it "Eleven Animated Funk" on my Sesame CD!
What about that long drum fill? God!
Love it

-Z

Zet

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
i had a flashback last night of an old cookie monster sketch, he was a train driver called..casey something..(?) and he is driving his train through the snow....does anyone remember anything about it? i remember i loved the song that went with the sketch....and if memory serves, i used to get this sense of danger about the sketch...weird...
Jellyman, The Ballad of Casey McPhee is on "C is FOr Cookie - Cookie's Favorite Songs" CD, so grab yerself a copy! I got mine at Circuit City of all places, I think it was $5.

Can't remember if there was a Cookie LP right now but if you're into vinyl you might want to check online for the track listing.

Also got to thank you for the "Mary Had A Bicycle" flash, absolute classic.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Zet said:
I named it "Eleven Animated Funk" on my Sesame CD!
What about that long drum fill? God!
Love it

-Z
You know EXACTLY what song I'm talking about. And BTW I was thinking of doing up a CD of rare tracks myself! Anyway, yup! That awesome drum fill doesn't sound like it's ever going to end and then it seems to come in at a weird place again. (I'm a drummer myself so these things stick out to me!)

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I just had to tell you, Smy Guiley, that I love your user name!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
Thanks, Erin! I wanted to be "Orange Oscar" but the system wouldn't let me so I thought of this one. Everyone like my avatar? I'm going to keep grabbing cool vintage stuff and changing it I think just to keep everyone on their toes!

later
eric

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Thanks, Erin! I wanted to be "Orange Oscar" but the system wouldn't let me so I thought of this one. Everyone like my avatar? I'm going to keep grabbing cool vintage stuff and changing it I think just to keep everyone on their toes!

later
eric
You're welcome, Eric. And yes, your avatar is groovy! :cool:
Erin

Zet

Reaction score
hey I just posted in Bumble thread that you should check this out, you beat me to it!

Smy Guiley said:
You know EXACTLY what song I'm talking about. And BTW I was thinking of doing up a CD of rare tracks myself!
on that subject, do you (anyone reading this) know of a good, free web host? I have a lot of songs in APE (lossless) format that I would like to share. I'm looking for fast/larger bandwidth, don't care about banners or popups since I can easily tell any guests how to avoid them.

Smy Guiley said:
Anyway, yup! That awesome drum fill doesn't sound like it's ever going to end and then it seems to come in at a weird place again. (I'm a drummer myself so these things stick out to me!)
yes indeed, caught it too...I think it's spliced together : )
-Z

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
"The Letter 'N'" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics
"Born to Add" by Bruce Stringbean
"Rebel L" by Billy Idle
"Danger!" (some kind of arena rock parody band of the 80's)
"Wet Paint" by How Brown Now and the Moo Wave
"Healthy Food" by Cookie Monster and some group of singing vegetables
"Do de Rubber Duck" by Ernie and a bunch of other Muppets
"Pinball Number Count for #12"
"The Lambaba" by the Count and 54 lambs
"Letter B" by the Beetles

SillyJoeBob

Soul H

Reaction score
My top Ten favourite Sesame Street songs were:

10. Thinking of U
9. Count Up To 9