You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
YMBAOMF If you think that Grover would be a perfect substitute for Al Roker on the Today Show.

YMBAOMF if you're caught by surprise at all the Muppet References on Family Guy (and for that matter, wished American Dad, and The Cleveland Show did the same thing).

YMBAOMF if you wish Drew Carey, John Oliver, and Stephen Colbert were Muppets!!!!
American Dad and The Cleveland Show reference the Muppets occasionally, like when Stan was watching SS yelling at the screen to have Cookie Monster killed or the time when Cleveland Junior was walking around the chanting
"Loaf of bread, container of milk, stick of butter!".
My favorite from American Dad though is when Stan brings up the At the Dance segments when dancing with Hayley at a father daughter dance.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I'm saying when I'm around them they tease me but I know it's just for fun even if it does make me mad sometimes.
I get that too but, I guess my friends are a little more cool about it; their whole thing is: 'Word!? Yeah, that couldn't be Kermit's wholesome swag looking at himself...Thanks, Ellie! (unfortunaely most of my friends still use words like 'swag' lol) And, then they all start tearing each other down with it and are all, "Ellie knows her Muppet stuff, stop playing, that ain't Mr. The Frog" and that makes it more fun for me >D

Erine81981

Reaction score
I get that too but, I guess my friends are a little more cool about it; their whole thing is: 'Word!? Yeah, that couldn't be Kermit's wholesome swag looking at himself...Thanks, Ellie! (unfortunaely most of my friends still use words like 'swag' lol) And, then they all start tearing each other down with it and are all, "Ellie knows her Muppet stuff, stop playing, that ain't Mr. The Frog" and that makes it more fun for me >D
Both are brothers but I can say that at least one will watch Muppet and Animated movies or TV shows with me. The other one he kinda could care a little but not much. The one movie he used to watch was "Fallow That Bird" when it would air on TV. But ever so often my best friend (the one that's my age, his brother is the one I hang out with more only cause he's a little closer in miles) will ask me what this character's name is or he thought he might have been on Sesame Street or The Muppet Show. So to me I love my friends. They would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. Sorry for the rambling. Back to the "YOU MIGHT BE AN OBSESSED MUPPET FAN IF........"

123Sunny

Reaction score
YMBAOMF if your nickname is "Henson Encyclopedia"

YMBAOMF if people who don't know your name refer to you as "Muppet Girl/Guy/Enby/etc"

YMBAOMF if someone saw the Thanksgiving day parade on tv and immediately called you to make sure you were seeing it

YMBAOMF if you name every pokemon you catch after a Muppet

And I second HTFFan, when I heard her say Emmet Otterson in Zootopia I got super excited :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
When you've watched as many Muppet productions and as much ESPN as I do, you can't help but see the two bleeding into each other.

Examples from watching the TV presentation of the Dan Lebitar show on ESPNU.
Last Monday as part of some in-show punishment, one of the regular guys had to fish out and eat three pieces of pickled pig's feet.
That in turn triggered me saying offscreen, "Peter Piper... Picked... A peck of... Pickled pig's feet. But my name is not Peter Piper. My name is Roosevelt Franklin, and I live on Sesame Street."

Today, they're airing this clip of Adam "pac-Man" Jones, currently playing for the Cincinnatti Bengals refer to Cleveland Browns backup quarterback Turrell Prior as garbage, shaking the trashcan in the locker room asking if Prior was living inside the trashcan where all garbage goes.
And that's led to the guys on the radio/TV show to use it as a comic gag, referring to every botched line as garbage, knocking on the trashcan.
And of course, we all know that banging on a trashcan should lead to finding that the one being living inside a trashcan is :grouchy:.
"Hey Turrell, you in there?" "I know you're in there hanging out with your grouch friends."

animalrescuer

Reaction score
You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if when you hear the original version of "People in your Neighborhood" on Sesame Street Platinum, you can't help but picture Fozzie Bear and Rowlf the Dog with Bob

And if The Muppet Show made you appreciate music from years back as well as most if not all styles of music