You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You are trying to make me crazy aren't you!

AAAAAHHHHHHRRRGGGGGBBBBBBLLLLLLLHHHHGGGGGGG

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
That's one, one laugh out loud phrase ah ah ah! :batty:

[lightning flshes and hears the rumbling of thunder.]

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's another one of my Seinfeldian observations...

So, what's the deal right now with so many authors and publishing companies coming out with guide books to TV shows, entertainment franchises, etc, that are upwards of like 700-800+ pages long? Presently, there's a guide book for M*A*S*H out right now that's well over 800 pages, I know some body here said they are working on a Jim Henson/Muppet guide book that's over 700 pages, and as we speak, there's a guide book for the classic sitcom Bewitched in the works that is also over 700 pages.

I mean, as "anti-book" as the general public has become, do publishers really think people are going to fork up a big chunk of money to read some thing that one would probably not even be able to finish in his/her own lifetime? I'm sure if they were in prison, that'd be one thing, but would the average joe even have time to go through books that big/long? Of course, if there were pages that were nothing but photos, that probably would cut down on the actual reading time quite a bit, and I'm sure that's may be the case with some of these books, but whose idea was this in the first place, and how did it catch on like this? What other TV shows, or even movies, will they make such whoppin' books for? Are there even enough trees in this country alone to print countless copies of these books?