You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The Jerry Seinfeld humor thread.

What's the deal with this thread? It's not humorous. It's just a bunch of random notices. It should be called the Random Notice Thread.

What's the deal with airplane peanuts? And what about those airplane toilets? Do people actually use them?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We had threads like this in the past, but they got out of hand, and had to be closed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In hopes this thread doesn't get locked or closed or deleted again, here's one of my observational observations, though not necessarily funny or humorous...

It seems like since the 1950s, each decade that has passed has had it's own, unique sense of fashion and style... for instance: the 1950s was when rock and roll was starting to come into play, there was the wet and slick-backed hair and stuff; the 1960s, everything was all "flower power", lots of tie-dye, peace and love kind of thing, hair was long and wavy; the 1970s was very psychedelic, polyester shirts with long collars, bell-bottom pants, the disco era, shaggy hair, mustaches, etc; the 1980s was a very "fab" time, lots of bright neon colors, lots of glitz and glam, big puffy hair and mullets, stuff like that... the 1990s, the 2000s, and even the 2010s thus far are kind of a blur as far as all that stuff goes: with a couple of obvious exceptions, like in the mid-90s when Old Navy (I think) tried to make bell-bottoms cool again by marketing them to kids, there's really only been two kinds of styles that have marked the past two decades or so and show no signs of disappearing anytime soon, and it depends on the crowd you hang with, you've got either the whole skateboarder thing going on with the graphic tees, torn-up jeans, chains hanging out of your pockets, pants worn below the butt, etc; or the whole goth/emo/punk/everything's black with red or purple, big stripes, or fishnets, etc. I mean it's always easy to pick out past decades based on that kind of thing, but it's getting hard to distinguish the last two decades.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Every decade during the first few years also had some holdovers from the previous decade, such as the aforementioned neon colors and mullets in the early '90s.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the 1970s was very psychedelic, polyester shirts with long collars, bell-bottom pants, the disco era, shaggy hair, mustaches, etc;
New York City and Southern California would like to have a word with you :stick_out_tongue:

Hayley B

Reaction score
*sorry posted in the wrong thread* Little sleepy right now.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well I guess SoCal would be more 80s :smirk:

But yeah, punk was like the anti disco :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
the 1990s, the 2000s, and even the 2010s thus far are kind of a blur as far as all that stuff goes
Well when I think of the 1990s I think of flannel and Doc Martens, so there was still a bit of recognizable style there. But I do agree that since then style has become less and less uniform and recognizable over the years. Perhaps in general as a society we've become a bit looser and also more separated in terms of cliques.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I don't know about cliques, I was kind of generalizing styles and trends of the decades and such, but perhaps, I don't know. I remember a few years ago, I unwittingly become a trend setter in this town, because by that winter, almost everybody was wearing "Radar O'Reilly" caps... luckily, they've kind of dwindled with each passing winter season, but for a while there, I felt like I unwittingly threw away my individuality, lol.