You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If it’s one thing I’ve realized why I don’t like a lot of Opera’s interviews, it’s ones like this:

She just constantly interrupts Michael throughout the video, and there were moments I just felt uncomfortable watching it because it felt like she was just trying to degrade the guy (and even I sensed his frustration during the interview).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I felt bad for Michael Jackson. As a youngster, he had a lot of hits with his brothers in the Jackson Five. I was in high school when Thriller came out, and even though it became the biggest selling album of all time, he was never able to have a life. He was in the public eye and it never let up. Not even for a second.
Then all the rumors and gossip about sleeping with little kids, losing his nose, turning almost into a robot, he didn’t look human anymore.

He had a lifetime of fame and fortune, but never got to be a regular kid. Or adult. The onslaught of fame is almost too much for anybody to handle.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As a kid, I always thought Michael was a weird guy from just hearing everything going on in his life. But as I got older, I learned more about him and felt really bad for the guy.

He never got to have a fun childhood, working his butt off in the entertainment industry constantly. It didn’t help that his father was also mentally and physically abusive to him. And the media was always constantly up in his life no matter where he went, also dealing with crazy fans wanting pictures and autographs. All that plastic surgery he did to himself shows he was dealing with a lot of emotional stress trying to make himself look young.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As it turns out too, he was kind of notorious for ripping off other artists as well . . . the video for "Thriller" was actually pretty much lifted from the video for Ray Parker, Jr.'s "The Other Woman," which was actually banned from airwaves because said other woman in the video was white, but Michael supposedly was one of the very few people in the industry who caught a look at it, and that supposedly is what inspired "Thriller."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So what's the deal with fiction always having characters fall deathly ill with a flu or something just because they get wet? Like if a character gets caught out in the rain, or falls into a body of water (pool, lake, stream), or gets splashed by a puddle of some kind, the very next day they're always in bed completely sick. I mean by that logic, wouldn't taking a shower or going for a swim make us sick as well because we're getting wet in those scenarios?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The plastic surgery made him look worse. And trying to hold on to his “King of Pop” title was like chasing wind.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As it turns out too, he was kind of notorious for ripping off other artists as well . . . the video for "Thriller" was actually pretty much lifted from the video for Ray Parker, Jr.'s "The Other Woman," which was actually banned from airwaves because said other woman in the video was white, but Michael supposedly was one of the very few people in the industry who caught a look at it, and that supposedly is what inspired "Thriller."
I mean, if it’s just that one instance I wouldn’t say it’s ripping off the video. It sounds more like he got an inspiration from it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So what's the deal with fiction always having characters fall deathly ill with a flu or something just because they get wet? Like if a character gets caught out in the rain, or falls into a body of water (pool, lake, stream), or gets splashed by a puddle of some kind, the very next day they're always in bed completely sick. I mean by that logic, wouldn't taking a shower or going for a swim make us sick as well because we're getting wet in those scenarios?
Most often I see it’s because they’re out in the rain for too long, unless you have other examples.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean it doesn't seem to matter, as long as a character gets wet, their completely sick afterwards.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something that's been striking me as curious is there's been occasions on THE LOUD HOUSE where school field trips are to locations that serve no educational purposes whatsoever, like an amusement park, or even the beach . . . I know school systems have changed a lot since my day (heck, we were completely forbidden to have cellphones, or other electronic devices like CD players, MP3 players, and what have you with us, and if we got caught, our devices were confiscated, held by the principal, and we couldn't get them back until the end of the school year), but do schools really have field trips like this nowadays?

At least as far as a beach in concerned, I could give some benefit of a doubt; I remember from an 80s episode of ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS, Alvin and Simon had to go to the beach as part of their science project, but it was strictly for that, and nothing more . . . of course, leave it to Alvin to just lay around and soak up some rays, while Simon is doing actual studying of tides and such, but in TLH's case, this beach field trip consisted of basically letting the kids play and do whatever they wanted like build sandcastles, play volleyball, surf, and such.

Bottom line, even field trips were lesson plans, they just happened to be lesson plans that exposed us firsthand experiences that were beyond the classroom - something an amusement park or the beach seem to offer nothing of sort. Still, like I said, so much about school systems and school policies have changed so much since my day, I don't even know if such field trips like this actually happen in real life or not . . . still strikes me curious, though.