You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I was watching The Wizard, and noticed in the credits, there's a copyright credit for the use of Super Mario Bros. 3, but not really for any of the other games or Nintendo trademarks included. Shouldn't they have included the copyright and trademark credits for the use of other games, as well as characters (like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and music featured?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would seem that now "Wholesome" is the new word that young people today have no clue the actual meaning of, and have begun using it to mean something else entirely. For example, some people would describe something along the likes of 50 SHADES OF GRAY as being "wholesome."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think people today think "wholesome" is another word for "romantic."

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I think people today think "wholesome" is another word for "romantic."
i mean i think most younger people just use it to mean “sweet” or “innocent”... i certainly would not say that 50 Shades of Gray is wholesome lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean that's pretty much what is does mean, but I'm seeing weirdos out there like on deviantART and such commenting on Rule 34-esque stuff as being "wholesome."

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
He has a point... I just called the cast of Peppermint Park "wholesome" on MCD the other day. :laugh: I'd imagine some of the usage has to be sarcastic though.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Have you noticed that there's a lot of pigs?

Miss Piggy (Do I really need to tell you?)
Babe (Babe)
Wilbur (Charlette's Web)
Petunia Pig (Looney toons)
Porky Pig (Looney Toons)
Putnam (Youtube star)
You forgot two, Gordy, and Peppa Pig

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so one thing that bothers me about some kids shows is the way they convey the message of always telling the truth.

Now, granted, I agree it's an important lesson to teach kids, and that lying about something shouldn't be what they do when they know their parents or somebody else is going to be angry at them for what they do . . . it's the way they usually go about presenting this message that rubs me the wrong way. More often than not, they make it seem like as long as you tell the truth from the start, you'll never get in trouble for it like you will if you lie, which is not how the real world works. All of our actions have some kind of a consequence, and telling the truth isn't like some magical potion that makes all things right again like these kids shows make them out to be: even if you tell the truth about something wrong you've done, your parents or whoever are still going to be angry at you, and you're still going to face some kind of punishment for your actions - these kids shows make it seem like all of that is totally and completely forgiven as long as you tell the truth, which is not the case whatsoever.