You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if Halloween is Grinch Night airs in october, november-december, or at all each year. Well, for the last several years I've been watching ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas each year, and hadn't noticed that special airing (doesn't mean that I haven't missed the advertising).
If any time, I would think it would be shown around halloween. I don't think I have ever seen it air. Something tells me it has something to do with the Grinch's "Paraphernalia Wagon" or whatever it's called. People too uptight and politically correct :rolleyes:

Another thing: How come ABC Family never airs any Muppet programming during the 25 Days of Christmas? The Muppet Christmas Carol, Letters to Santa, and especially A Muppet Family Christmas would be great to air that time of year. Ditto with A Christmas Together and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, if the channel can get the broadcast rights. Since The Muppets came out thanksgiving 2011 I thought the channel should have had a special "Muppet Week" to promote the movie and lead off the 25 Days of Christmas.
They have shown A Christmas Carol...I remember watching it a few years ago on ABC :/

And what's the deal with video games having "episodes"? It's not like a game is a regular series. There aren't too many games I know of that have "episodes", the only example I know of being Sonic the Hedgehog 4, which had a long gap between episodes I and II. I also wonder what the deal is with various YouTube channels/series referring arranging their videos by "seasons". They don't have to have a regular schedule, though some seemingly do.
Simply put, it's a way to make money. "Episode" is just a fancy way of saying Game 1 in the Series, Game 2 in the Series...and yes, games ARE a "series." Or "franchise." I've seen both terms used to describe a group of games... i.e. The Kingdom Hearts series/franchise refers to all Kingdom Hearts games as a group.

Sonic 4 was MEANT to be broken down and released in pieces since its a download game. Sometimes it's a bit pretentious and suggests that the game is going to be so good that it warrants a sequel, sure, but yeah..."episodes" are usually just parts to a whole download game. I wanna say Sonic 4's intention was to have like 5 or 6 parts that would eventually make up a complete retail game, but that idea was scrapped.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This really bugs me.

Have you ever noticed how certain manchildren fanboys always whine about how some new version of a show they watched that has an anime look to it when the original show was animated in Japan to begin with? I'm specifically referring to Transformers Animated and the reboot Thundercats. There's no logic in that argument when the thing was never Western animated in the first place. Heck, Transformers WAS a Japanese product (actually composed of many) that was Americanized.

Of course, I'll say that, at least with TFA, they're full of crap since the character designs look more western, almost Genddy Tartikofsky/Craig McCracken-esque than anything else.

Seriously... I hate Manchildren fanboys ruining the comments section of Youtube to whine about how not like the old days everything was. Ruins my enjoyment of videos.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the movie "Dinner for Schmucks", what's the deal with Steve Carrell's boss being seen as likely to "win"? It was expected that he'd win the award for biggest loser because he thought he had mind controll, and used it on Steve's character... Who believed that his mind was being controlled. The boss should have tried mind controll on other characters, who wouldn't have believed it, or Paul Rudd's character should have stepped up and dared him to controll his mind, and prove that he didn't have mind controll. And yet it takes Steve Carrell's character convincing that he has brain controll to defeat his bosses chances of "winning"?

Seriously... I hate Manchildren fanboys ruining the comments section of Youtube to whine about how not like the old days everything was. Ruins my enjoyment of videos.
Well, you could wait until the video is over before reading the comments section.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one thing I've always noticed, but never understood...

Whenever we see kids eating sandwiches on TV or in movies, they always have lettuce and tomatoes on their sandwiches... no kid, in real life, wants lettuce or tomatoes on their sandwiches.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whenever we see kids eating sandwiches on TV or in movies, they always have lettuce and tomatoes on their sandwiches... no kid, in real life, wants lettuce or tomatoes on their sandwiches.
I like lettuce and tomato, and don't mind having them on my sandwich. Though I normally prefer to have sandwiches plain. I usually only have lettuce and tomato on mine if I get my sandwich at a restaurant.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean little kids. I've never known any little kid to actually want to have lettuce or tomatoes (or any form of vegies) on their sandwiches, yet whenever you see kids eating sandwiches on TV, they always have lettuce and tomatoes on their sandwiches. Is that supposed to project a better looking image or something?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe putting lettuce and tomato on a sandwich makes it look more like a sandwich? Though I would think two pieces of bread would be enough. At least peanut butter sandwiches are never shown with lettuce and tomato. I especially prefer for sandwiches with lunch meat to not have lettuce and tomato.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one thing I've always noticed, but never understood...

Representational icons. That's why. It's like how every time you see a grocery bag in a TV show it always has a tall box of something, a stalk of celery and a baguette popping out so you know it's groceries.

What's even worse is that, in animation at least, because sandwiches with lettuce in it is the universal sign for sandwich, they will always have lettuce in them, even if they aren't sandwiches that require or even go with lettuce. Especially when they draw Peanut Butter sandwiches.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Representational icons. That's why. It's like how every time you see a grocery bag in a TV show it always has a tall box of something, a stalk of celery and a baguette popping out so you know it's groceries.
Or, notice how when it comes to grocery bags, plastic doesn't exist on TV, just paper; while conversely, you don't get paper bags at grocery stores, just plastic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They use plastic bags when the script warrants it. They usually use paper bags because they're more instantly recognizable.

Also, in cartoons, every piece of cheese is Swiss Cheese that's colored like yellow cheddar. And always in wedges. Most cheese you buy commercially, except for the gourmet kind, is in block form. Even then, only Swiss cheese has holes in it. None of the others do. Unless you have a cheese eater as a writer that specifically mentions a specific kind, that is.