You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, and there is flash that looks pretty good, like Wander Over Yonder, but it all depends on the budget and style.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I noticed that a lot of kids cartoons tend to start off with fluid animation, but after a while end up resorting to cheaper flash in their last seasons. A few examples include Batman:The Animated Series and Fairly Odd Parents. It seems especially noticeable and frequent in a lot of PBS Kids shows;Arthur, Cyberchase, Curious George, and Caillou being pretty obvious examples.
The first season of Johnny Test used hand-drawn animation before switching to that crappy Flash animation most people are more familiar with. The Wayside School cartoon did the same thing.

And speaking of Flash animation, Homestar Runner's animation looks pretty good for a series that's done by just two brothers. A bit minimalistic, yes, but the simplicity adds to its charm.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, Flash is becoming an industry standard now.
Especially in Canada.

Well, really ToonBoom Harmony is the standard software, and Flash (the software) has changed its name to Animate now that Flash (the plugin) is on life support.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Whenever I watch an old, traditionally animated cartoon, it feels like my eyes were just opened again.

Because it's not very often you see that in modern days anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Save for the first two and the last two dungeons in the original LOZ game for NES, the colors for all the other dungeons just alternate between green and gold.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the early 70s, Filmation did really bizarre crossover TV special with the Groovie Goolies and a few specific Looney Tunes characters, including Petunia Pig, who actually played a relatively sizable role in the special.

It's occured to me that . . . I've never seen an actual Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies cartoon that actually had Petunia Pig in it. At all. Whenever I've actually seen her, it's been in other things, such as comic books, merchandise, promotional material, and other such things.

And given that in said material, she's usually seen with Porky, one could conclude she's either a love interest or a female relative (like a sister) of his . . . but again, I've never actually seen her in cartoon form alongside Porky. In fact, almost all Porky Pig cartoons I've ever seen, he's usually paired alongside Daffy Duck as a comedy duo (where he's usually the straightman to Daffy's foil), or with Sylvester where he's apparently Sylvester's owner, and Sylvester acts more like a house cat than he does his usual crafty, coniving, Tweety-chasing schtick. Heck, I've ever seen odd cartoons here and there where Porky basically carries much of the cartoon himself without any other major Looney Tune characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's the deal with masking tape? Why doesn't it ever actually stick to anything?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What's the deal with masking tape? Why doesn't it ever actually stick to anything?
its for painting. you tape it to places you dont want to get paint on. its not sticky so its easily pulled off the wall without damaging it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is strictly observational, not trying to start anything. . . .

So, there's this stigma/stereotype that if a woman wear a necktie, she must be a lesbian. Whether or not that stigma is true is beyond me (maybe people think that because Ellen De Generes always wear suits, I dunno), but from my observation, I've noticed that it seems like most women who wear hats tend to be bisexual.

Then again, hats have had an interesting history in women's fashion throughout the centuries, so my observation probably doesn't even hold water, but I'm speaking in our current, contemporary times, and from what I've noticed, certain kinds of hats like fedoras, panamas, or wide-brimmed hats seem to be really, really popular with bisexual women, for whatever reason.

But, like I said, it's really kind of a silly observation to make, considering the long history of hats in women's fashion . . . heck, I remember a big trend with young girls in the 90s were those big, floppy hats with fake flowers on them, much like Loretta wears here: