Wuv-Luvs!

wiley207

Reaction score
Does anyone on this thread remember a genuinely bizarre toy called the "Wuv Luv?" Here is a commercial for them, from 1999-2000:
Yes, long story short, it was a toy that ACTUALLY GAVE BIRTH (in an even more graphic manner than the Fuzz Luvs.) A little creepy, and a little gross at the same time. They were manufactured by Trendmasters.

What would basically happen is that you get the mother, along with a couple of plastic flowers (its "food,") a "key to my heart" (for resetting purposes,) and a brush to brush it. It speaks like, "Wuv you," "Wuvvy hungry!" "Huggle-snuggle!" "Happy Wuv Luv," "Yeah!" and several other phrases and sounds. You can feed it with the plastic flowers, or just press its tongue like the Furby.

You have to play with it for 30 minutes uninterrupted (or five minutes for later models). After doing so, it suddenly announces "Here comes BABY!" It blinks the antennas for 30 seconds, and says "Here comes BABY!" again. Then you pet its back, and it repeats the phrase again before beginning to make a sequence of beeps and chirps (this is supposed to be a "countdown," from what I heard), and then it says "Here comes BABY!" again, makes a magic twinkle sound effect, and it begins moving up and down as its stomach opens like a pouch to reveal a large pink egg. Inside is the baby Wuv Luv. In some rare cases, she may have twins (two babies in one egg), but the norm is one baby.
Then the mother repeats "Baby?" over and over, not moving whatsoever. You then activate the baby by pressing its back (on older models, you'd pull a small tab out of the bottom to activate its batteries), and the baby says "Mommy!" The mother then confirms it is her baby, and then names the baby: "Ba-byy! Tom-Tom!"
From then on, it gets rather cute. The baby may say, "Hungry!" and the mother replies, "Want some num-nums?" Or the baby says "Wuuv," and the mother says "Happy baby!" They can also sing the alphabet song and the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "I'm a Little Teapot" songs together. A REALLY cute thing is if you hold the baby up to the mother's face and have them rub "noses," the mother makes a kissing sound and repeats the baby's name.

I recently got one for four bucks at a thrift store, and the baby, but no egg shell. But I'm still able to fake the birth feature without one. Now, I'm a boy, but the real reason I got one was because my very first YouTube Poop was about Wuv Luvs!

robodog

Reaction score
Back in the late 90's and early 2000's I had every animatronic toy in existence. Every one that is except the Wuv Luvs. I was fully aware of it's existance at the time and was a member of several internet communities revolving around robotic pets. Wuv Luvs weren't popular on those communities. Most people hated them. Only one other toy I can think of was more hated and that was the Ooglies. People hated Ooglies because the ads made them out to be interactive pets like Furby when in reality they were anything but that. They were little more than pull string dolls. Wuv Luvs weren't near as bad as Ooglies were but most people found them downright creepy. I thought they were somewhat creepy myself though I still thought of buying one. I never got around to it for some reason.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Btw Muppetdude, I like your avatar, I used to watch that Sesame Street VHS all the time as a kid, lol.