Would the Muppets be better off owned by Warner Bros.?

Would they be better off with WB?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No, Disney is a better home for them!

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Maybe, but it's hard to say.

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • I don't care who owns the Muppets, as long as we get good content!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Disney's pretty much shelved more Muppet projects than they have actually completing and releasing them.
Yup. I think this thread wouldn’t even exist if that wasn’t true, lol.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this isn’t true. It’s been shelved as of now and instead, the Muppets are doing shorts on the streaming platform. And WB has done a LOT more with the Looney Tunes characters than Disney has done with the Muppets.
Well there is the new Muppet Babies that's currently going, (As well as youtube videos of puppet versions of the characters) and recently There was a video of Kermit reacting to Amphibia as well as Fozzie doing a voice role for big city greens. I know it's not much but still it's better then nothing at all.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I am a fan of both Muppets and Looney Tunes, and I'd say the Muppets have had way more going on in the last decade than Looney Tunes. The only things I can remember for the Looney Tunes was the show and some shorts, while the Muppets have had two full-lengths, a show on a major network, Babies and some other lesser things, but definitely more than Looney Tunes.

With Space Jam being a such a phenomenon in the '90s, it'll be interesting if the sequel will put them back on the map in any way... it's a different world. It's kind of interesting how massive the Looney Tunes were in the '90s and how relatively quickly they fell off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't forget though, we wouldn't even have gotten those two movies if it wasn't for Jason Segel basically pleading with Disney to look at his screenplay for that first one - and this after they passed on Frank's treatment for THE CHEAPEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE.

BeakerGirl94

Reaction score
I admit that I was wrong about Warner Bros not using the Looney Tunes characters but I'm still not convinced that The Muppets would be better off with them I'll have you know that Warner Bros have come under fire for their treatment of some of the franchises that they have such as Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like the opposite of how Disney has been doing live-action remakes of their classic animated movies: Warner Bros. have been doing animated remakes of their classic live-action movies (or, more accurately, older movies they own), and shoe-horning Tom and Jerry into them, because . . . why not? Seriously, these movies are almost shot-for-shot animated remakes, but with Tom and Jerry just thrown in there.

As for Scooby-Doo, they keep making one new Scooby-Doo series after another, with middling reaction.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Disney's pretty much shelved more Muppet projects than they have actually completing and releasing them.
All because of Steve Whitmire!

Plus more Muppet projects got shelved under Henson than they have under Disney.