Worst Muppet Film

Pigpen

Reaction score
Best muppet movies

So we're agreed. Kermits swamp years sucks.

Hensons have been responsable , in my humble opinion, for at least three of the greatest films of all time. The Muppet movie, Follow that bird and of course Labyrinth...

Go on, disagree with me... :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
My least favorite, like so many of you, is Kermit's Swamp Years (my favorite part was the Statler and Waldorf cameo). Although it's hard to say that I dislike any of the six "main" Muppet movies. I gotta say though that since I grew up w/ Muppet Christmas Carol, it's one of my favorites! Actually they're all so good, lol.

Oh, and honorable mention, I liked Muppet Classic Theater! I grew up with that one too. Same thing with the Muppet Sing-a-Long It's Not Easy Bein' Green. I never had anything else besides MCT, MCC, and the sing along. I was kind of Muppet deprived when I was little. And that's enough of my history, ****. :stick_out_tongue:

teebs

Reaction score
I agree that KSY was the worst. I didn't like VMC either.

But I love all the rest, with my favorites being The Muppet Movie, and MCC.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahah, so ve are agreed then. KSY looses...

The only thing I like about KSY Mary's lines...

'...in rubber pants...'

'...see? Floppy ears...'

'Run doggy!'

Gonzwella

Reaction score
Worst? Is that even possible? Okay, I'll admit it. It is.......Sigh. :frown: I haven't seen any Muppet stuff I didn't like. It was all good. Although I didn't really like that Muppet Baby stuff. Cute? Yes. Muppety? Not really. Long live Muppet Treazure Island. And MCC. Haven't seen KSY, too scared. Might ruin the whole Muppet Experience. That should be a movie. The Muppet Experience.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Another vote for KSY. That one was just missing something. I also wasn't a big fan of MFS but that mostly has to do with the fact that there was no songs. There still were some special muppety moments in it though so it wasn't that bad. The other movies I totally love especially the Muppet Movie. That is so the best movie of all times. :flirt:

Gonzo the Grape

Reaction score
:concern: Well, I didn't want to write anything because I didn't know what others thought but since it's the least liked I'll say this; I don't really count Kermit's Swamp Years as a Muppet movie. Sure it had Kermit, but none of our other favorite characters. I think the movies should have been in the theater in order to be in the running, that's just my opinion. And that being the case, I'd have to cast my vote for Muppet Treasure Island. Sorry, it's just boring. It can't hold my attention like the other ORIGINAL story ideas. The classic re-tellings just seem lazy. Although I HATE that they made Gonzo an alien in MFS, it gets credit for being an original story idea. The two retellings have great new music (well MCC does (Cabin Fever grinds my brain :boo: )) so if only they could have had some sort of high bred. Oh well.
I think the Muppets are in need of a new surge of creativity.