With the talent on this board....WE SHOULD...

crazy chris

Reaction score
im amazed every day with the talent / creativity and moxy of this forum!!

has anyone ever thought about doing some sort of shot for shot remake/homage of either one of the muppet movies...or an episode of the muppet show using our puppet renditions...and puppeting talent... it would be such a celebration of everything we all love... and easily be the coolest experience ever...

imagine if one or two hundred strong got together with expertise in the various fields needed... its just a shame we dont all live in the same small town...lol

anyways...just dreaming...

but ofcourse thats dangerous... my last dream became a successful puppet theater...lol.. ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY COMING IN NOV!!...still loving every second of it!!

cc

callmemilo

Reaction score
Does sound like a fun project. Only a matter of figuring out what to film with the characters we have, and how to film it. Perhaps if we all filmed against a kinda greenscreen ( .....or bluescreen if you're finding it uneasy being green :wink: ) and compile the characters that way. I've got a little experience in animation and compositing myself, so wouldn't be unfamiliar with the process.

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
It does sound cool, but kinda difficult b/c everyone here is located in different parts of the USA and the world. I think that recreating one of their music videos would be easier than a whole TMS episode. And congrats on your almost one year anniversary!

crazy chris

Reaction score
so many hurtles...thats for sure!!... more a project to day dream about more than anything...

im slowly building my puppeteer army here in town... maybe i will one day reach this lofty goal with a few close associates... but rest assured all your spirits will be involved!! hee hee

cc

Melonpool

Reaction score
There's a Star Wars project like this -- where the film was spilt up into 60 second chunks and strung together. It's very cool and I would totally want to participate. I vote for the Muppet Movie -- it's truly the most iconic of the series. I'll see if I can find the link to the Star Wars one -- and we could open up to puppeteers and non-puppeteers alike to make a really fascinating mosaic when completed.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be game for doing somethign in it if we ever got it off the ground. Do you think people could colaborate on even the small chunks? Like maybe someone who doesn't have the set up to do a whole bit could lend their talents to someone else who does?

callmemilo

Reaction score
Maybe if we did a cover of Movin' Right Along, with each of our characters running in from the left, singing their bit, and running out on the right. Any background you want, any character, and we can compile it into one full video! Thoughts?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That'd be cool. At the very least it might be a little bit more managable. And which of us hasn't wanted to sing that song with other fans? :smile::embarrassed:
Maybe if it went well we could do a a series of songs, maybe increase the skill level as we went with it.