Will Disney ever focus on Bear in the Big Blue House again?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thread bump, but to be honest, I was just thinking.

Considering so many shows have gotten reboots for nostalgia.... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get one in the future, whether Noel performs the bear again or not.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Noel is still in enough shape to perform Bear, he still performs Big Bird whenever Matt or Peter cannot do it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Probably cause most shows that get syndicated for nostalgia just get dumped straight online now. :smirk:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
No it wont happen.

The show has done it's job with production that if Disney needed to rerun episodes they can. And the fact that they wanted to move forward with other Playhouse Disney shows (with the hugely popular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse airing a year after Bear ended in 2007)

Loosing Lynn Thigpen probably cost the show at least another season.

But the show still makes a fair profit from DVD sales. So you never know but I wouldn't hold your breath

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
However WE NEED A SHOW LIKE THIS

WE NEED A SHOW THAT RESPECTS ALL CHILDREN. THAT IS GENTLE AND DOESN'T PATRONISE THEM.

We need a show that can be loved by children and parents so that they can watch it together. We need a show that everyone can feel welcomed in the world.
And if bear is not the answer anymore. SOMEBODY PLEASE PICK UP THE SHOW ME SHOW! GIVE NOEL THE CHANCE TO REVIVE CHILDRENS TV AGAIN

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92 That'd be fine too, really. Maybe for Disney's upcoming streaming service. They might not do it right off the bat, but if what they come out with is enough to gain a good membership base, then they should definitely consider pulling Bear out of hibernation.
For sure! I'd be down for that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Loosing Lynn Thigpen probably cost the show at least another season.
I kind of question if this was an actual reason the show ended. I mean, yes Luna was in every episode (give or take), but Lynne just did the voice, as far as I know she wasn't doing the voice physically on set and working alongside the rest of the cast on a regular basis. And even so, I don't think she was a major part of the production of the show, like a producer or a writer, so I don't think production would've taken a significant hit. I doubt it would've been totally out of the question to just recast Luna.