Will Disney air the Muppet Show?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
I think they realize that SS is the Muppets based solely on their parents telling them Jim Henson does Kermit and Ernie. I've got nothing against Family Guy and King of the Hill- it's just that they pale in comparison to Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show. It's sad though that they will probably never experience the opening sequence of Fraggle Rock, or never know who Link Hogthrob is. And I do like FG and KOTH as well as the Muppets but in a wrestling match, the Muppets win.

I'd like to actually do a Combat Corner type deal for, let's say, Muppet Show and Family Guy. Things like this are done all the time, so don't try to tell me that you can't compare them and they are two totally different shows. I can compare them and I will compare them. Surf on over to my account and check for posts in the next little bit- I don't know what board it'll be put in so that's the safest way to check. I will be asking for your input and will try to get a couple of my buddies in on this.

:smile: Your friendly neighborhood critic

P.S. I like the Simpsons too. I wonder if you could rightfully compare any Simpsons to any Muppets?

Speaking of which, I was just watching Family Guy but I was only half listening, and they mentioned Fraggle Rock!! But I missed the context so I didn't hear the joke.. :smirk:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock was mentioned on the episode where Lois' aunt dies and Lois inherets her mansion...

Long story short Peter bids $100 billion for a vase at an aution. So he tries to sell the mansion by saying it has historical backgrounds, and shows the comitee a rock and says it is where the pilgrims landed on Fraggle Rock.

Yes I know I'm full of useless Family Guy knowledge so sue me I'm a sucker for an awesome show :flirt: , how do you think I got into Muppets? :big_grin:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Wow

Sweet, didn't know that! Thanks! Out of curiosity, any specific Fraggles mentioned?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
Sweet, didn't know that! Thanks! Out of curiosity, any specific Fraggles mentioned?

No, just "fraggle rock". I think he was talking about something, and said something along the lines of "it's like in Fraggle Rock." But like I said, I missed the joke.
:sympathy:

EDIT: I just looked it up. I cna't find the context but the line is, "And this is where the Pilgrims landed at Fraggle Rock." :excited:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I would watch it. :smile:

I am sick of reality T.V. and MTV...and the stupid people on both those channels! There are too many stupid people these days! :attitude:

And then all the stupid people at school talk about those shows...hmm...and just to type it again- stupid. Like it wasn't in this post enough times. :big_grin:
i know right, I'm tired of seeing 600lb pound people, constantly eat like a freaking garbage disposal, and blame everyone around them, for not having the common sense, to lay off the tons of pizza hut pizza, and KFC chicken, that they freaking eat, like there is no tomorrow.and I'm tired of seeing pathetic drunk rich house wives , getting drunk, and picking fights with each other, and naked morons roaming the freaking jungle , like crazy people, who escaped from the mental hospital. plus the other useless reality show trash, that reeks havoc on TV now days.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i wish that they would air reruns the Muppet show again, i would go back to watching Disney again, if they did. i don't see why they can't air the show, they own the muppets, so it shouldn't be a problem.

BertsNose

Reaction score
i wish that they would air reruns the Muppet show again, i would go back to watching Disney again, if they did. i don't see why they can't air the show, they own the muppets, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I agree. It would be so much easier for me to see the episodes I never saw as a kid. The only thing I remember about the Muppet Show when I was a kid was from those compilation VHS tapes. I can't remember what the name of the tape was but it had the episodes with Vincent Price and Alice Cooper. I will never forget seeing Kermit with vampire teeth and biting Vincent Price on the neck. I also remember Kermit singing "Happy Feet".

This might sound kind of silly but I have been hesitant to get the only Muppet Show seasons that have been released on Dvd because if I remember correctly they had to make cuts to the episodes because of licensing issues or something (or is that just season 1?) I know I probably should since it might convince Disney to finally clear up the licensing issues with seasons 4 and 5 and finally release those or is that just wishful thinking? I actually prefer the VHS tapes from Time Life Video because of the introduction by Brian Henson before each episode (or that might just be on the 25th anniversary VHS tapes from Columbia TriStar) Does anyone have those? I found a copy of one in a used bookstore once. It was one of the aforementioned 25th Anniversary Best of the Muppet Show tapes. As far as I can tell the episodes, skits, etc are complete on VHS and I'm hoping to find more Muppet Show tapes one of these days.