Will a Fraggle movie lead to Fraggle merchandise?

stick

Reaction score
when the fraggle movie comes out do u think there will be fraggle merchandise, toys, clothes, video games, calendars & more? 'cause i'd buy fraggle plush toys. :excited:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that wasn't clearified with proof... that thee may be some action figures poping up around that time.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the movie indeed makes it to theaters as planned, then yes there will be some merchandise. As far as what will be made only time will tell. If celebrities do some of the songs as has been rumored then a soundtrack album seems very likely.

Whereas if the movie is just direct-to-DVD (like Kermit's Swamp Years) then the merchandise will be much more limited. The main merchandise made for Kermit's Swamp Years were some posters, fast-food toys and the DVD.

For me, the great news about the movie is that it increases the likelihood that the remaining 48 Fraggle Rock episodes will be released on DVD since no doubt HIT would want to take advantage of the new Fraggle movie and promote as many Fraggle DVD's as possible.

superboober

Reaction score
What I'm also hoping is that it'll prompt someone, anyone, to put the first run of the show back on the air just in case they don't, perhaps on the Family Channel or Hallmark Channel or the like.

stick

Reaction score
superboober said:
What I'm also hoping is that it'll prompt someone, anyone, to put the first run of the show back on the air just in case they don't, perhaps on the Family Channel or Hallmark Channel or the like.
fraggle rock is on tv where i live. i'ts on the BBC Kids network at 12pm m-f. they just started airing season 2.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Oh, i see some major (if relaesed in theaters) merchandise for the Rock. For one McDonalds will probably do Happy Meal Toys, which would be fun. I STILL have the little cars. And for other toys, I can see major stuff being made, like clthes and if the get alot of stars and music cameos than i can see cloths that arn't just for kids. Im Excited to see what we can get for "The Rock" in the next few years. Its exciting!:excited:

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that it will lead to merchandising. That would be great.

Luke

Reaction score
I can't see it being released in Theaters, but if it was and was popular then perhaps they might even make a new TV series to follow it (although lets hope they would stay away from remaking the animated series in CGI). That might not be a good thing (especially if it was vastly different), but i can definitely see some channel or another picking up the classic TV series and us getting those DVD's.

I think as to how far things are taken probably depends on HIT's involvement with the actual movie, i think they're contract right now is just for the classic series but if they get involved with the movie and promote it big for pre-school as well as nostalgia then things could go massive.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If McDonald's or Burger King did do Happy Meals with Fraggle Rock, I'd definitely buy one! lol

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Yeah defantly. If a FR movie was made I would think some stuff would be made. I would buy some if it like the PVC figures, and the DVDS. Not big on collecting everything made that had a Fraggle on it like I used to be. lol But DVDs yeah I'm on it! :big_grin: