Wilkins and Wontkins Muppets

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Came across this on e-Bay. These don't actually sell for this now days do they? Seems fishy to me.

e-Bay Wilkins and Wotkins

The listing is also a bit misleading. These aren't the actual real puppets used on the show. They are the puppets given as a premium with the coffee.

If this is real I may have to sell mine. I could use the ten grand.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
This sounds even more fake than those stories about old Disney VHSs selling for that much. Don't do it.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Typically when I've seen them listed on eBay, they are in the $600-800 range as a pair. I lucked into Wilkins at an antique store in NJ for $25 about 10-15 years ago, and I lucked into a solitary Wontkins on eBay last month for about $100. So they are out there, and for considerably less than $10,000!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I agree. There is currently a pair on e-Bay for around $800. Not sure why this one sold for so much. The listing does seem deceptive as if it is the original puppets by listing the patents and all.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I don't think they sold for that much. The seller "relisted the same or similar" using the same picture. Then that one didn't sell. I think the original sale is likely fraudulent (multiple accounts, working with partners to promote a higher price). Just my instinct, though.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
How recently did you acquire them and for how much? I recently saw them on an episode of Pawn Stars.
Honestly it's been so long I don't remember how much I paid for them. I'm sure it wasn't more than a couple hundred though. There is currently a set on e-Bay that last I checked had 2 bids going for $899

crackmaster

Reaction score
I wish I had Wilkins and Wontkins. They're my other favorite Muppets besides Kermit. I don't really have any puppets except for these Ernie and Bert hand puppets from the 70s my mom had when she was a kid, that I don't know the whereabouts of right now.