Why is Steve Whitmire the voice of Kermit?

That Announcer

Reaction score
MWoO:

If you're talking about Buster Bunny, he was voiced by one Charles Adler for the first couple of seasons, and then John Kassir for the third.

MWoO

Reaction score
No, I'm talking about Bugs Bunny. Bugs made regular appearances on Tiny Tunes and was in like the last scene of the x-mas special.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
This is off topic, MWoO, but it was Noel Blanc's decision not to take over for Mel. He admitted after Mel passed away that he could never nail the voices and had only ever done it to please his father.

I think Jeff Bennett is the guy you're thinking of who voiced many Looney Tunes characters for a year or two. There was some controversy after Jeff or his agent used the phrase "the new Mel Blanc". Warner didn't appreciate it and recast the characters.

secret squirrel

Xerus

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
This is off topic, MWoO, but it was Noel Blanc's decision not to take over for Mel. He admitted after Mel passed away that he could never nail the voices and had only ever done it to please his father.

I think Jeff Bennett is the guy you're thinking of who voiced many Looney Tunes characters for a year or two. There was some controversy after Jeff or his agent used the phrase "the new Mel Blanc". Warner didn't appreciate it and recast the characters.

secret squirrel
Actually, the person who started voicing Bugs in Tiny Toons was Jeff Bergman. Jeff also did Daffy, Foghorn, Elmer, Yosemite Sam, as well as George Jeston, Mr. Spacely, and Fred Flinstone for Cartoon Network stuff.

And yes, a lot of people had voiced Bugs like Greg Burson, Billy West, and Joe Alaskey. I read somewhere that WB didn't want to give the Looney Tunes to a permanent voice actor fearing that actor will keep asking for more money every year. Which is what Mel Blanc did. So they decided to just keep alternating voice actors.

MWoO

Reaction score
This is very interesting. I never knew why he was let go. It seems, combining both stories, that the WB fired him for fear of him really becoming the next Mel Blanc and asking for more money. It's too bad they did that. I love the idea of one person doing all the voices. It's also too bad that Noel decided he couldn't do it. That also would have been amazingly cool.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Too bad that Joe Alaskey will have to go soon, as he does Bugs and Daffy rather well. And does anyone else think Eric Goldberg should be brought on as the permanent voice of Marvin the Martian?

Rowbes

Reaction score
It's weird this post got so far off topic, but its fun to see some voice actor discussion. I am a huge fanatic of cartoon voice actors.

I just wanted to point out that for the past year or so the role of Bugs has been returned to Billy West, who is one of my idols. Strange to see a chracter passed around so much.

MWoO

Reaction score
Apprently Billy West did some voice work for some story boarded cartoons that got canned. So, I don't know if he will keep the job or what. Personally. this Jeff fellow is the best I've ever heard when it comes to the Looney Tune characters. His Bugs and Daffy are great.

Now, something to bring it full circle.

On his list of voices Jeff Bergman lists Kermit, Bert, Ernie, and Miss Piggy. Sadly he has no samples of these characters. I'd love to hear his takeo n the characters. His Bugs and Daffy were really spot on. If only he hadn't messed it up by saying he was the new Mel Blanc.