Why is Steve Whitmire the voice of Kermit?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought so.

And it really is a touching line....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just One Person has ALWAYS made me tear up!! Always, and not just because of that tribute show.

MWoO

Reaction score
It was really touching to see Kermit show up at the end. The way they were talking about Kermit in the special it was if we would not see him or hear him again. When he showed up at the end it was like Kermit saying everything will be ok.

I'm not sure why it too longer to get Steve as Ernie on Sesame Street. Perhaps because Steve was not on Sesame Street before that. There also wasn't much of a need right away because they have a huge archive of Bert and Ernie sketches.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Just One Person has ALWAYS made me tear up!! Always, and not just because of that tribute show.
Do you have it? i can send you an Mp3 if you don't, Kev.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe Kermit wasn't the main host for Muppet's Tonight, was because Kermit was still trying to get his personality back during that time. So he made small appearances on each show.

Also, some people on here were saying that Steve spazzes out too much with Kermit. But I remember Jim doing a great job making Kermit angry and spazzing out many times. And I was at first worried if Steve wouldn't be able to make those famous Kermit spazz attacks like Jim's done. But it looks like he can. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
But Kermit spazz's out a litle too often now. He gets flustered really easily. He was always the calm one until ti got really nuts. Now he reminds me of Nigel from MT.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Ironically, Noel Blanc didn't end up voicing Bugs Bunny ever, and a succession of voice actors have done the jobs ever since.
I don't think that's true. I believe Noel did voice Bugs once or twice on "Tiny Tunes" or something like that. Sorry for getting off topic, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Also, some people on here were saying that Steve spazzes out too much with Kermit. But I remember Jim doing a great job making Kermit angry and spazzing out many times. And I was at first worried if Steve wouldn't be able to make those famous Kermit spazz attacks like Jim's done. But it looks like he can. :smile:
(Sorry about repeating posts again. I haven't really read through all the messages here yet, so I'd just like to put in my two cents)

Yeah, Steve was great at having Kermit spazz, specifically in "Muppet Treasure Island:" "WHO HIRED THIS CREW??!!!"

And of course there was the time Kermit really lost it in the Christmas movie.

MWoO

Reaction score
Noel Blanc did Bugs Bunny once in a Tiny Tunes X-mas special for some reason. On the regular Tiny Tunes show Bugs and all of the characters were played by Jeff something. I forgot the whole name. He then quit or was fired for some weird reason. Since then the character got split up a bit with a few different people switching. I'm not really sure why WB didn't honor Mel Blanc's choice for a replacement. I guess after all those years it just didn't matter to them. He was just a voice artist to them.

I kind of wish Jim Henson had lined up soe replacements for himself but since his death was so sudden he really had no time or reason to. He probably would still be doing Kermit and only now thinking of who could take over for him.