Why is Bert not on Sesame Street much anymore?

zanimum

Reaction score
There was also an article in The Onion satirical website/newspaper, back when that site was at its peak; that article might have been mentioned. It included a "gay Muppet", namely a Photoshopped Zoe.

zanimum

Reaction score
On the topic of Bert, he is also in the season 35 publicity shot, between Gabby and Miles, under Henry, and relatively near Ernie. I'll try to upload a pic of that section.

zanimum

Reaction score
zanimum said:
On the topic of Bert, he is also in the season 35 publicity shot, between Gabby and Miles, under Henry, and relatively near Ernie. I'll try to upload a pic of that section.
Try these links, one of them should work:
http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beaubeaver/album?.dir=/65ca
http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beaubeaver/detail?.dir=/65ca&.dnm=e677.jpg

I should note that:
Photo: ©2004 Sesame Workshop/Photograph by Richard Termine. Sesame Workshop and its logo are trademarks of Sesame Workshop. All rights reserved.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember hearing from a source,about some kind of fall out Frank Oz had,which was the reason he did not participate in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas.Do you suppose that could be partly why we don't see too much of Bert these days? :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

salemfan

Reaction score
I can't see where it would be true-it's probably barbecue sauce. Bert's been appearing in various clips after Journey to Ernie this season.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Bert isn't around as much as he used to be. They tend to focus on Ernie more. They never do a street story that revolves around Bert. But keep in mind Bert was always known as a boring charachter, and I think now that the show is for younger kids, Bert just isn't appealing to that age group.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
It's a shame...I recently burned the "Bert & Ernie's Greatest Hits" CD from my local library...and there were times Bert could be truly funny.

Case in point:

"Pat Pat Patty Pat"--his ending remark
"The National Association Of W Lovers"
"Lonesome Joan"--the concept of Bert doing country is too funny.

I'm sure there are tons of others.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Youre're right...Bert and/or Ernie are not dead, they're not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) and they don't have cancer. Those are all urban legends.

The rumours about B&E have been circulating ever since Jim Henson died. As far as I can tell, most of it stems from media speculation after Jim's death and an oft-quoted remark Frank Oz made at the time about how he "couldn't imagine doing Bert and Ernie without Jim."

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
Regarding Bert....

I think some of the funniest moments ever on SS are Bert and Ernie skits. As a matter of fact, Bert has always gotten top billing at our house. You should get the video tape " The Best Of Ernie and Bert". I think it is still available, we had to special order a copy from a video store a few years ago because our original copy wore out from repeated viewing. The skit of Bert and Ernie camping out is great!